jonneyboy25 said:
the core support is the same on 96-00
Not close enough.

1996 2DR DX - BULKHEAD, FR. - 60400-S01-A00ZZ
1997 2DR DX - BULKHEAD, FR. - 60400-S01-305ZZ
1998 2DR DX - BULKHEAD, FR. - 60400-S01-305ZZ
1999 2DR DX - BULKHEAD, FR. - 60400-S01-A02ZZ
2000 2DR DX - BULKHEAD, FR. - 60400-S01-A02ZZ

If you do not swap out the core support when doing a '99-'00 front end conversion on a '96-'98, you will have to either hammer in the corners of the bumper rebar or cut slots in the top of the bumper (these will be hidden when the hood is closed).

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good info. ;) ;) ;) ;)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jonneyboy25 said:
No, I'm talking about the core support. The part that has to be cut out and welded (and bolted) back in to replace. If you don't change the core support for a front end conversion, it is likely you will need to modify it.

The part numbers I gave you are the front bulkhead, aka core support part number.

This is the entire part (number 9, everything in the image):

brios86

5+ Year Member
im pretty new here an to my honda civic i have a 96 EX and im liking some of the 99 civic looks.. im wondering what can i change on my 96 to make it look like the 99 that are quite simply??? thankz (would ib be better if i just go get a 99?)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im pretty new here an to my honda civic i have a 96 EX and im liking some of the 99 civic looks.. im wondering what can i change on my 96 to make it look like the 99 that are quite simply??? thankz (would ib be better if i just go get a 99?)
Headlights
Front Bumper
Fenders
Hood
Grille
Core Support (replace, hammer, or cut the bumper)
Fender Stiffners (behind headlights - help line things up I hear)

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
to add to what NOFX said...the front end must be done as a whole, you cannot just get the bumper, or grill...it has to be swapped as a whole conversion, it is quit simple, go look it up, there are how to's on here..

and you could swap out the taillights, direct fit, and the rear bumper, direct fit

layinghammers

5+ Year Member
so will a 96-98 front bumper fit on a 99-00, the only reason im asking is cuz i like the square foggies way better than the 99-00 round ones.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
as i stated above...the conversion, will have to be done as a whole...if you have a 99-00 and you want the 96-98 look, you will have to change the whole front end...same goes the other way

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
96-98 have "Unleaded fuel only" written on the gauge cluster whereas 99-00 dont have it

relativexistanc

5+ Year Member
wow great thread guys extremely helpful! Jordanek4 thanks a ton man that pic with the bumper and the fenders is saving me a ton of heartache right now of trying to fit things that wont line up right!

ej8arm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not sure about this one, but ive noticed that 99-00 sedans dont have antennas. not sure can i get someone back me up on this one?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
'99-'00 USDM Civic sedans don't have extendable manual antennas on their driver's a pillar except for the GX.

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats a chick!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The map light above the rear view mirror should be on 96-98 EX models.
The map light is '98-'00 Civic EX and Si only in the US. '96-'97 didn't come with them.