1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

DIY: ASR and ITR Sway Bar Installation 6th Generation Civic

Discussion in 'Wheels / Tires / Brakes / Suspension DIY How-To's' started by georgelb, Nov 19, 2005.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. iOn

iOn I like pie. Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Stock OEM Si one... should be 12mm... I think?

2. immajackuup

immajackuup New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

yall know blox just came out with a subframe just like the asr.

but still i got myself the asr.

3. Boricuapr_1

Boricuapr_1 New Member 5+ Year Member

Can't see the pictures..............

4. soleicey

soleicey New Member 5+ Year Member

5. georgelb

georgelb New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I had to cancel my hosting last year then accidentally lost the domain name; the site and images are back up now. ;)

6. silk007

silk007 ducky ducky 5+ Year Member

such a good write up im doing this in about a month, just gotta hold back on LCA for now =[

7. LXDriver

LXDriver More HP is always good 5+ Year Member

I'm installing a 14mm sway bar on my sedan, will I need the subfrace? Cuz I've heard that they are only needed if ur going from like 17mm+

8. qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop Rockin' Out the Sedans!

Im planning on putting a tie bar for "Looks" only. HAHA. Will it take effect in ground clearance?

9. Dchico22

Dchico22 New Member

So I'm doing the same setup but how do you know how much to tighten each bolt. I know it's probably a noob question but I don't wanna screw up my setup.:oops:

10. HybridCivicEx

HybridCivicEx New Member

Hi, So I'm looking to do this but all of the links are a "Fail". Can I get a updated?! The Sway bar ripping out kinda just freaked me out but I noticed he didn't have a ASR bar installed.

11. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

What kind of update are you looking for? I've had my 22mm sway bar and ASR brace for about 3 years now with no issues. Love the setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. HybridCivicEx

HybridCivicEx New Member

Thanks For deleting my post mods... very helpful..

1 simply question What are these..... where can I get them!? Honda dealership has no idea... even while looking at the break down ... :???:

yes... after 3 dealership later... I posted a nice little help "post" In the Right Topic... blah....

I basically need... THIS NUT....

What's it call!? (I'm going with a Nut... lol) (Can I get the bolts anywhere esle)
    What's the honda Part number?!
    Where esle Can I buy them?! If I can...

[​IMG]
    Missing the Nut thingy
    [​IMG]
    With the NUT thingy