Ek Crashed, EG Here I Come

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
dont rust the hood please
The reason i was thinking about doing it is because it is not in the best shape has alot of dings and dents in it and its just not in my budget to worry about the hood the car needs alot of work and the hood is the last thing on the one on it will have to do for now.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Id rather paint it with a can of 99 cent spray paint then have a rusted hood

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:lol: There are some on google that look really good if you clear them. I haven't got my mind made up yet. Have you been to zerolift before?
I have not been there. Heard good things about them though.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lots of goodies

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
:thumbs up saweeeeet! Good lookin stuff.

Definitely DON'T rust that hood. At the very least, primer it (with a self-etching primer) so that the rust doesn't spread and eat through the hood (it will..). That thing is gonna need quite a bit of body work, but should be sweet!

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
:thumbs up saweeeeet! Good lookin stuff.

Definitely DON'T rust that hood. At the very least, primer it (with a self-etching primer) so that the rust doesn't spread and eat through the hood (it will..). That thing is gonna need quite a bit of body work, but should be sweet!
Deff needs some body work im talking to my buddy trying to let me take it to his barn that has a loft with beds up to, its nicer than what ur thinking it has elc used to have cable exc. But if he dose im just gonna stay all weekend and get it ready for paint.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Deff needs some body work im talking to my buddy trying to let me take it to his barn that has a loft with beds up to, its nicer than what ur thinking it has elc used to have cable exc. But if he dose im just gonna stay all weekend and get it ready for paint.
That would be rad. Believe me, I know whatcha mean haha. My uncle's "barn" in Colorado is a 5 bedroom house with a ginormous garage. If I lived there, I could use it any time I wanted. He just recently had a lift installed, and a 100 gallon air compressor :(

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
That would be rad. Believe me, I know whatcha mean haha. My uncle's "barn" in Colorado is a 5 bedroom house with a ginormous garage. If I lived there, I could use it any time I wanted. He just recently had a lift installed, and a 100 gallon air compressor :(
That would really be sweat. I plan on getting some beer hooking up the air compressior and welder, start cutting then welding then some grinding. He has to look to see what is in it he said some of his family keeps using it for storage. I just hope its cleared enough for my car.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
This might sound like a dumb question but i sat the cams in that head and non of the lobs touched the valve springs, dose this sound right to you. Can post pictures of what im talking about if you need to see what im talking about.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
^^Bingo. The cam lobes never touch the retainers. You need the rocker assembly.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
It's basically a bridge with a ball that sits in the adjustment nut and a plate that the cam hits

emerican

Registered VIP
glad to hear your not rusting the hood
sorry to hear about the wreck man, but cant to wait to see this one when its finished

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
glad to hear your not rusting the hood
sorry to hear about the wreck man, but cant to wait to see this one when its finished
Well i went to see the car the other night and the hood is rusting already in some spots pretty bad from where previous owner was sanding and trying to get the wrinkles out of the one corner. But yeah i get a free check in dec so there will be 1000 im gonna drop on parts all my money from the crash is going towards the motor.