EK Hatch - The Phoenix

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No updates, the 91 is getting the attention for the moment. Work is still decently busy but I took half of November and December off from work for hunting and generally I get paid on a 90 day delay from when I do the work (I'm self-employed). So my last few checks have sucked and I still need some parts for the ED. I do think that this cars body stuff and suspension/wheels stuff is gonna come before the motor stuff in the ED, so it'll get started come summer time. I wasn't quite ready for it when I bought it, but opportunity is like that sometimes.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
easter bump..................

sub'd for being the reason i bought my hatch

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is gonna be awesome, good luck with this build bro...

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not yet. The 91 is getting brakes, then an exhaust, then LCAs, then boost. I might do suspension and wheels on this one before the motor work on the 91 given that's going to take a while and cost a bit.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got a line on a red hatch and rear bumper assembly. Gonna order it up on Thursday, gotta get paid first XD

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Parts were ordered up today, cars already in the shop to have some exhaust work done (the DC header I supplied isn't very good friends with what Child had on the car lol). I can't weld, so gotta farm out that work. Then it's off to Detroit to have it hammered back into shape, probably next weekend. Also on the header front, I'm selling the DC Sports one I bought to throw on there to get something with a 3" outlet instead. Anybody interested? It was over $300 new and has less than 2000 miles on it: it is essentially new. I'd like to get $200 for it (plus shipping cost), so PM me if you're interested. =)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Block off plate came today:

I said this build was gonna be stylish, and possibly of the "low and slow" variety to my tuner shop guys, and I get "so Raceland coils then?" as a response. We loled. XD

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
PIC maybe. A little pricey but a few people have recommended em. Might be the next major upgrade. Need wheels and tires too though. Oh, and scored some 2000 si seats to replace the stock turribleness. Gonna go pick em up tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Picked up the seats today, they've been sitting in a garage for a few months and need a little cleaning. Pretty intact though:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those PIC coilovers are good. Back when they first started popping up they were priced like all the other common coilovers... they've skyrocketed since then

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well s**t. Dropped the car off for some exhaust welding, and they had to push the thing into the shop because it wouldn't crank. They ended up having to bypass the neutral switch to get it to even crank. Said when it fired up, it sounded like it was running on 2 cylinders. They shut it off and it wouldn't start back up. They're telling me it has no spark. Of course all of the hard parking it did in my garage for the last 9 months must of messed something up lol. Just one more damn thing to take care of XD

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well s***. Dropped the car off for some exhaust welding, and they had to push the thing into the shop because it wouldn't crank. They ended up having to bypass the neutral switch to get it to even crank. Said when it fired up, it sounded like it was running on 2 cylinders. They shut it off and it wouldn't start back up. They're telling me it has no spark. Of course all of the hard parking it did in my garage for the last 9 months must of messed something up lol. Just one more damn thing to take care of XD

subscribed.

If it sat for 9 months, the gas has probably gone sour. Gas is only ok for about 4 months these days.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Whew, bad dizzy, simple fix. Coil and ignition control module tested fine, actual dizzy is bad. Weird, but whatevs. On to the body shop this weekend, where hopefully I'll get it back in less than 8 months this time lol

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
New clutch inhibitor switch and IACV ordered up. The only mechanical things it needs at the moment.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Off to Detroit to get the new hatch and bumper installed. I've sat on it since December and haven't really done anything with it, time to get a move on. Almost had enough for the coils, but we'll see how bad that stack gets beat down by Rico for this batch of body work.