EK Hatch - The Phoenix

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well then. Quite a bit of news. Paint isn't original, apparently it was resprayed when there was some hail damage. Rico wanted to go all out on this thing, "we'll get ya a new hood, a new fender (there's a small crease in one from being pulled), a new windshield.." He already repainted the hatch and bumper I got, apparently it was peeling pretty good. Regardless, I should have it back in a week or so, sort of back to square one. But Rico's already set to make it into a show car, apparently. Can't do that during the slow portion of my work year. XD

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Parts are on, ass end is hammered out. Having the IACV replaced (clutch inhibitor switch I did myself, super easy), these warm weather motors really don't like the switch to cold weather lol. Pics when I get it back.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sooooo the PIC are up to $1165, it's looking more like Progress coils. The wheels and tires will be on the way next week. =)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So research says the Progress may not drop it as much as I want, probably gonna do FnF type 1s instead. In other news: daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum, Tire Rack! I ordered tires last night at 7:10pm. I got home from work today at about 2:30.

Coming home to this stuff is still one of my favorite things. =)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love s drives for regular driving. Perfect compromise on grip in the wet and dry, and tire wear.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Out of four "ballin on a budget" tire choices, those s drives had the second lowest price but were the highest rated. Pretty much a no-brainer. Although Tire Rack got me my tires in about 16 hours, Tuner Sports did less than 48 too.

:D

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Out of four "ballin on a budget" tire choices, those s drives had the second lowest price but were the highest rated. Pretty much a no-brainer. Although Tire Rack got me my tires in about 16 hours, Tuner Sports did less than 48 too.

:D
:ok:

I'm interested in seeing these on the car... I've been of the fence about getting a set for mine, for months. I'm up in the air between these and the BuddyClub P1's

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Because everybody loves pics

I should've taken a before pic. Took 4 hours with some help to even get it this clean lol

Now that it's clean, I'm gonna hafta do some work. XD

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ooo, pictars

Ta daaaaa! XD

Beautiful day outside, did a very little bit of work:

Before

During

After

God DAMN that drivers seat sucked lol, probably why Kerry replaced it. The Si has a nice adjustable seat, I might even like it more than the seat in the EF.

Speaking of, Kerry you gonna need this JDM horn button back? Found it under the seat :D

And finally, the family all back together

If everything goes well with payday next Friday, might be ordering up the coils. If not, I'm gonna at least get the tires mounted. Battery tie down, hood prop catch and drivers side engine mount are all gonna be here tomorrow, too.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha, I hate stock seats. That button is sweet though lol

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Busted ass hood prop clip:

New ass hood prop clip:

Busted ass motor mount:

Like daaayum:

OEM is best:

Installed:

Aaaand a little OEM battery tie down action:

Had a weird whine that resonated through the car from the exhaust on the freeway between 75 and 80. New motor mount lifted the driver side of the motor about 3 inches, solved it. Full on sweetheart status again. Ordering coils on Friday and likely more work to do the following week.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice! Atleast it was the easy mount to get to lol

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice! Atleast it was the easy mount to get to lol
Yeah I think my rear trans mount on the GSR swap is going bad (there's a clicking sound after I let the clutch out when I shift from reverse to 1st), that one's not going to be so easy to replace XD

So this happened this morning:

Guy from a local online car club mounted and balanced them before his shift for $20. Can't beat that with a bat.

I really wanted to just slap em on there, but I've gotta order wheel studs and lugs first. And dump it too, of course. Waiting for a response from TunerSports before I order the coils, they'll usually beat everybody's deal if you ask. =)