~~EM1 "Build" {00_Civic_Ex}~~

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
rebuild the motor just like i am, ALL NEW OEM parts, inside and out!

on a side note, id like to see the wheels go white!

another note, steering wheel upgrade?

another note, factory si lip?

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, I had a little minor set back today. Broke the front drivers side brake line somehow.. Time to upgrade to SS braided lines! Pics to follow tomorrow!

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, I had a little minor set back today. Broke the front drivers side brake line somehow.. Time to upgrade to SS braided lines! Pics to follow tomorrow!
I just bought my Russell SS brake lines from JayJay on here, best price around, i paid 89.60shipped!

Side not, if you dont have the money to do all 4, as soon as i get mine from ups, 10 bucks you can have whichever one you need!

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well as I promised, heres a little update I suppose. I backed out of my driveway funny, and this sides brakes have always acted funny, so I decided to go to a local parts warehouse and pick up a Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line for $24.49. Here's a pic with a new updated bay pic, and a glory pic.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your car has so much potential but your lazy and dont wanna clean the engine bay up!
i could even help you!

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't want a wire tuck at all. I want easy access to eveything. It just needs a good clean up.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did a little mock up last night for a DIY floorboard in the trunk. Here's how far I got until I got really tired..

More pics to come in the next couple of days.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bought my last LS teg already boosted (and half-assed at that), but got a great deal on it, so eh. My advice, go through that motor and trans with a fine-tooth comb. I don't think I'd ever buy a honda that someone else boosted ever again. It's really sketch :/

An example: was driving down the freeway on my way too work. Floored it in 5th to pass someone, and I feel a CLUNK, and my car sounds like a v8, but with NO balls.. da f**k!? Drive to work, pull over, pop my hood, and my damn wastegate flange FELL OFF my manifold. Luckily, my wastegate got pinned between my bumper and fender, and was just sitting there. After that, I checked everything and ended up reducing boost, replacing about $1k worth of parts, full tuneup, and re doing all my vacuum lines. Keep a close eye! Clean EM1 though!

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's not boosted anymore. My friend and I went through the whole motor and inspected everything after my incident on the freeway (same thing that happened to you) and it was all good. I'm completely stock now, with a GSR trans.

Thanks for the comments and concern!

Darth_Civic

sounds like its been a bit of a rough road but clean car :thumbsup: maybe sell/trade the ls for a b18?? rather than turbo

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It has been a tough road. I would LOVE to swap out this LS, but no one around here has anything..

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Naw, i'm gonna just stick with the LS.

On the other hand, I got a thermostat! YAY. Also, I just ordered a lip. Pictures to follow soon.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's almost here!!

On the other hand, replacing the thermostat went well. Haven't had any issues yet.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So here's finally my pictures! Sorry i've been busy lately guys.

I'll be wet sanding my headlights next weekend, so don't worry about that. Thanks for looking!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good. Pics of the integra in the garage?

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!