Evan's build thread * s2000 cluster | motorcycle mirrors | & more *

Closed

• Total voters

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm still wondering if it would be detrimental to the syncros and whatnot to have the extra weight of that apparatus weighing the shifter down?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Highly doubtful. Remember, the shifter is mounted to the chassis via the plate below the bearing. There is no weight on the linkage.

Plus, you'd be suprised - the whole shifter weighs MAYBE a couple pounds if that, although it looks heavy.

Last edited:

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well it definitely looks sweet. did you make that carbon fiber trim yourself (instead of a boot)?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks. Yeah I made the carbon fiber trim myself. I just took the OEM boot out, but the shifter into 1st and reverse and marked the console. Then inserted the carbon piece and make the cuts accordingly. There's no glue, it's held on by the metal portion of the OEM shift boot so it sits nice and flush. I might try to find some rubber trim to put around the square to make it a little more aesthetically pleasing.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tucked more of the engine bay:

My hands afterward:

Comments / recommendations? Don't mind the battery / fuse box - they're getting tucked next week. :thumbup:

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
woooooooow. I'm really impressed. My engine bay is a complete mess.

Big ups man.

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your pinky looks abnormally long. Eh, maybe mine is short...

BTW, what shoes are those??^

Nice car as always. That shifter I think is more function than form really. It might look strange, but I could see the advantage, almost like the high shifter in the 02-03ish Si.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Being a hand model is out of the question for you!

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
woooooooow. I'm really impressed. My engine bay is a complete mess.

Big ups man.
Thanks bro, any ideas other than the battery / fuse tuck to improve on it more?

Your pinky looks abnormally long. Eh, maybe mine is short...
BTW, what shoes are those??^

Nice car as always. That shifter I think is more function than form really. It might look strange, but I could see the advantage, almost like the high shifter in the 02-03ish Si.
The shoes are made by DVS, I don't remember the "model" off-hand. Yeah, I love the shifter. The throws are SO short and it's very crisp shifting (no play). And then the adjustability just tops it off. You wouldn't believe all the ways it's adjustable, left / right, up/down, side to side, etc. etc.

Being a hand model is out of the question for you!
Haha that reminds me of Zoolander.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's the final to do list for the car:

1) Delete power steering with a "loop & reservoir system"
2) Finish the bezel
3) Battery tuck / Fuse Box relocate w/ remote terminals.

/car.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Where are you putting the battery?? I want to put mine in the front bumper behind the passenger side fog light. The bay is looking fresh, just needs a good polish and youre set. And maybe a CF spark plug cover??

LOL @ the shifter though.. HAHAH.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm putting the battery in the trunk. I didn't like the idea of the front bumper namely due to front end collisions. Also, it could potentially get in the way when I go boost and interfere with the charge piping.

I had a carbon fiber plug cover, but I really wasn't feeling the look compared to no cover:

I might just get an OEM cover with an HFP sticker or something who knows.

Oh and don't knock the shifter tell you try it. Honestly it one of my favorite parts of the car.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Oh okay. Are you putting it where the spare tires goes or neatly tucked in the corner?

It looks real nice in that pic. It has the perfect amount of CF in the engine bay. No cover looks too much like LS motors.

Aight whatever, next time im up there or you're down here for Willow Springs ill play with your shifter and give you an opinion.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha fair enough. I'm telling you, that shifter is worth every penny. The throw is shorter than the s2k and with my crazy shorter gearing it's really great.

I'm putting the battery in the upper passenger corner. I'd put it in the spare tire area, however I'd have to remove the diffuser to gain access for the j-bolts and that's something I'd rather not do.

As far as the cover, I don't really like the carbon fiber. I really liked the kevlar spoon one I had, but can't justify $120+ on that piece. I do agree however that it needs SOME type of cover especially since the whole idea has been to hide wires in the bay. I'll probably snag an OEM one.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What intake is that, Evan? Stock Si?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah the OEM looks great too. I wonder how much you can get it for at Honda.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, it's just the OEM intake. I have OEM intake and exhaust manifold for now since I plan to boost relatively soon (no since in buying something aftermarket and changing it out right after).

The intake is expensive from Honda, they only sell it piece by piece.

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What are you planning to do with the Power Steering stuff once you delete it?