*** Everybody's Random Photos *** Pt. thr33 (56k Beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, that 70-300 makes some awesome angry bohek. :thumbup:

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Lower your ISO and lower your shutter speed.
i can see lowering the ISO, but wouldn't you have to increase the shutter speed, as to not allow in more light?

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If he lowers his ISO, then the same shutter speed won't let in as much light. While he'll want to raise it a little, comparatively, he'll still want to make it slower to accomedate the lower ISO.

Example: if my camera is aimed at my kitchen and a balanced exposure (0 +/- EV) at f/3.5 and ISO1600 requires a shutter speed of 1/200". If I lower the ISO to 200, then that same shot at f/3.5 would require a much slower shutter speed of 1/30". So say I want to underexpose the shot to not let the light sources overwhelm -- I may bump it up to 1/50", still much slower than the original 1/200".

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
If he lowers his ISO, then the same shutter speed won't let in as much light. While he'll want to raise it a little, comparatively, he'll still want to make it slower to accomedate the lower ISO.

Example: if my camera is aimed at my kitchen and a balanced exposure (0 +/- EV) at f/3.5 and ISO1600 requires a shutter speed of 1/200". If I lower the ISO to 200, then that same shot at f/3.5 would require a much slower shutter speed of 1/30". So say I want to underexpose the shot to not let the light sources overwhelm -- I may bump it up to 1/50", still much slower than the original 1/200".
thanks Eran, that's why i like you here, you know how to help.:D

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
96 DX Hatch - amazing as always :thumbup:

1. That actually looks pretty hot, completely shaved like that

2. Where's the driver? wtf? lol

23. Does the road really just dead end into a body of water? :rolf: That'd suck for a tourist to not see any signs and just drive into the water haha

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know the post is comming out of the top of her head but whatever..

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Almost bought a D60 today for $499 at Best Buy. That was with $100 off if I bought it then but they had to order it. Probably gonna pick it up in the next few weeks. Hope the price goes down a lil more in the by the time I buy. Anything I need to pick up with it as far as extras go?

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Almost bought a D60 today for $499 at Best Buy. That was with $100 off if I bought it then but they had to order it. Probably gonna pick it up in the next few weeks. Hope the price goes down a lil more in the by the time I buy. Anything I need to pick up with it as far as extras go?
you going to wekfest sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.