Everything Zc

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh i though you said i was going to use them, sorry
yeah JR does make a SC for it . . thers a full turbo kit for the DOHC ZC swap in 88-91 civic/crx out there.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
neojen said:
somehow I doubt cams for a b16 will work in a zc..
i second that, the cams are longer than the zc ones. it will not work

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we kep up with each other. it was down 175 in marylandy, we where heading to the mall on lunch break from school.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
buy-efi.com has stage 2-5 cams, including turbo profile cames.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
i dont know much about those engines, but from my experiences w/ a dohc b16 i would take a non-vtec twin cam over a vtec single cam, even if they have the same power.

While I respect your opinion I don't understand your logic. :what:

I just don't see how you can come to that conclusion from a motor with DOHC and vtec.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
91 Hatchie said:
i raced a buddy of mine with a B16a2 motor, we where runnin about a buck twenty (120).
damn street racers, lol.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:D, lol we were weavin through trafic too. it was fun.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
91 Hatchie said:
we kep up with each other. it was down 175 in marylandy, we where heading to the mall on lunch break from school.
haha, you crazy bastard

Last edited by a moderator:

sherfield2002

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ryan89crx said:
the z6 has way more building options than the zc. tons of companies make aftermarket rods, pistons, cams, everything for the single cam. but with the zc your options are limited.

well i may be wrong but the aftermarket rods and pistons for the sohc d-series will work in the dohc zc. they are d-series blocks too so that shouldnt be an issue. check out www.thezcr.com if u need any more info on the zc. also i have a dohc zc in my 89 hatch and it will take my buddys 92 ex with a d16z6 pretty easy if that means anything :D

4dr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sherfield2002 said:
well i may be wrong but the aftermarket rods and pistons for the sohc d-series will work in the dohc zc. they are d-series blocks too so that shouldnt be an issue. check out www.thezcr.com if u need any more info on the zc. also i have a dohc zc in my 89 hatch and it will take my buddys 92 ex with a d16z6 pretty easy if that means anything :D
both are good motors, the SOHC will be easier to upkeep and maintain as well as pull power from if your a "noob"

this is of course depending on if you choose to go to OBD-I(for the vtec) or how you decide to manage the "vtec' cross over as theres many ways and not all are created equal.

if your leaning more towards the SOHC than the DOHC D16 in a an "88-91" chassis cars, you should maybe consider looking it the "non vtec" d16a6, its a good motor.
but yes, you wont posses the "vtec bling"....

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
4dr said:
both are good motors, the SOHC will be easier to upkeep and maintain as well as pull power from if your a "noob"

this is of course depending on if you choose to go to OBD-I(for the vtec) or how you decide to manage the "vtec' cross over as theres many ways and not all are created equal.

if your leaning more towards the SOHC than the DOHC D16 in a an "88-91" chassis cars, you should maybe consider looking it the "non vtec" d16a6, its a good motor.
but yes, you wont posses the "vtec bling"....
i hope your not talking about the 88-89 teg motor, which is the d16a1, which is the only US dohc 1.6 litre motor.

Last edited:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
d16a1=blows ass, ZC for a 1.6 is real good.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
that and the d16a1 won't work in our gen civic anyways, lol.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, and it sucks to much to swap in, just upgrade the SOHC, the d16a1 i think is the worst honda DOHC engine.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member

deaconwagers

...now rockin an integra
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've read that the zc LOVES boost, and it's an easier swap because it's obd-0.