honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
89slohatch said:
i've read that the zc LOVES boost, and it's an easier swap because it's obd-0.
it does love boost, and on 7 psi can make well over 180hp at eh wheels.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like i know what im doing, lol

civic_crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im juss curious to kno what u guys thing about ur zc, mine is dohc, it has been great i love that motor but i only wish it had vtec :cry: but non the less its a good motor, and if ther is something i should kno about it, upgrades and downgrades, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im getting one soon.. Im not touching it other than bolting up my current header and intake.. saving towards a turbo.. its from what Ive heard a pretty stout motor for the cash.. it can handle boost well, but unless you build it dont try to take it up.. I plan on going only 5-6psi..

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VTEC is all hype, I have a b16a and bant a b18a/b. the ZC is a wonderfully abusable motor. Have fun with it

skribs89si

pissin on authority
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good because unless you do some internal work more than 6 psi will deuce your engine damn quick

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my DOHC ZC IS GREAT. i love it, going to turbo soon, ZC can handel up to 7psi on stock internals, thast good.

civic_crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i told my buddie if i can do turbo and that bish said no,wtf how r u doing it??

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
huh, 92-95 civic EX turbo kit bolts right on to the DOHC ZC. or you can make your own kit.

civic_crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
91 Hatchie said:
you can turbo any car.... just becouse they dont make turbo kits for them (and yes they make them for DOHC ZC swap in 4th gen civics, whole kits) why did he say you cant turbo it..

http://www.monstertuners.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2490
maybe cuz hes a jealous a*****e that doesn want anyone to have turbo but him,thanks bro ill make sure ill rub that on hes face and i might start to save up for turbo :D and well as u can tell i dunno much about zc's thanks more info ?? stories?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can do about 80 in second gear @ 6500 RPM... up a mountian, in the rain

thezcr.com

best resource for the ZC engine.
(im green 91 there)

skribs89si

pissin on authority
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if u want to turbo it, and run a high boost pressure, you should have the block sleeved, and maybe a new set of rods

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i ran 10psi on my stock bottom dohc zc, with proper fuel management you'd be fine, without it at 10psi you'll be in bad shape, 9-10psi is where the stock rods WILL bend, running 7 is just as good, at 7psi i dyno'd 188hp, that was without my intercooler which had been stolen the week before dyno time, the best kit for the dohc zc is the 92-95 civic greddy kit, which was originally designed for the dohc zc in japan, since we never got that motor stock here in the U.S. greddy adapted it to the next best thing.

civic_crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo said:
i ran 10psi on my stock bottom dohc zc, with proper fuel management you'd be fine, without it at 10psi you'll be in bad shape, 9-10psi is where the stock rods WILL bend, running 7 is just as good, at 7psi i dyno'd 188hp, that was without my intercooler which had been stolen the week before dyno time, the best kit for the dohc zc is the 92-95 civic greddy kit, which was originally designed for the dohc zc in japan, since we never got that motor stock here in the U.S. greddy adapted it to the next best thing.
ah bro thanks alot for dat info that helps alot thanks :D

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i ran my car for 2 years on 10psi, however i did put alot of money into getting it tuned right, but anything is possible, just depends on your budget, so save alot.

civic_crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gota save up oh well i should ease up on the gas pedal a lil that might save me some money thanks,

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
not with the always rising cost of petro, lol.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cant wait to turbo, im going to get a whole nother head and build it up (turbo cams, valves, high lift springs, titanum retainers, that kind of stuff,) and also going to buy some new performance pistons and rods.