exhaust work

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like where this thread has gone :lol:. But srsly, let's keep it a little more on track ;).

And it sounds better (and properly educated) when you say "header" singular. Crash is right, it's a big pet peeve amongst us car enthusiasts.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Who cares header, headers as in more than one header...lol there will always be someone who calls a header headers

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think people call them Headersssss because they see 4 metal tubes.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I got me some new eBay 4 to 1 eBay headerssssssssssssssssssssssss DAWGGGGGGGG

vroom vroom

cuetip

Registered VIP
see darcreep says it right in my prospective,,,back to the topic, what size flanges would i need to get welded on the cat??

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you buy the right cat, it will come with the proper flanges.

here's the direct fit one i bought for my last ride

cuetip

Registered VIP
well child i was thinking about buy the magnaflow universal one and it looks like they dont have any flanges on it

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well child i was thinking about buy the magnaflow universal one and it looks like they dont have any flanges on it
hence the word universal.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats cause its universal.... its so the muffler shop can weld whatever size/shape flange they need onto it... if it came with flanges already on it, it wouldn't be universal now would it? tell you what. when you get all your exhaust pieces together (header, cat, and muffler) just take it to a muffler shop and say "make it fit". they will know what to do

cuetip

Registered VIP
haha, sounds good speedy, but instead of saying make it fit i would say i need flanges on this cat, and need my headers all bolted up to my car

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:slap: take the header with you or have it bolted on, bring your cat and full exhaust, then have them fit it

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you tell them you need your headers bolted up they will ask where the other 4 cylinders are.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you tell them you need your headers bolted up they will ask where the other 4 cylinders are.
^this! headers are for V motors (v8, v6, v10, v12 blah blah blah) its because they have 2 exhaust manifolds, one for each side of the motor. civic's only have one exhaust side therefore only one header. "header" is the singular form and headers is the plural form meaning more than one...

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
this guy makes me want to ram my face through a wall

cuetip

Registered VIP
thank u emerican, thats what im looking for just a simple answer or an explanation about moving my cat to the bottom of the car, and also just an explanation about what cat to get that will pass emissions