Fastest D series Engine.

Boricuanology

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anybody knows whats the fastest D series engine, a street set up and a all out drag racing set up.. and what type off set up are they using, for example: turbo size, injector, what modification to the head and the block. I'm planning on building my D series do I have to re sleeve the engine or NOT. and finally what is the best place to do a good cylinder head and to do the block.

typeRrice14

^ such a ricer...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive seen one on honda-tech that ran 12s. guy had a z6 with stage 2 cam and valvetrain. stock block. itbs he made header and exhaust. it was in a crx. theres a 400whp coupe on streetfire. its boosted. i think it runs 12s as well. seening these too cars gave me inspirtation to build my car d series. i got a fully built block with a compression out ro 12.5:1 and a z6 head with a stage 1 comp cam and valvetrain all waiting to go in the car. next would itbs and a 50 shot and hope and pray i break into the 12s. the motor should get me into the 14s.

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kind of question is this? you can make any d series faster than it is stock but you gotta remember, just because you can pull a decent amount of power out of a d doesnt mean one is faster than the other. You have to take into consideration the driver too. I mean my y8 has more horse power than my buddy's z6 but his will beat mine all day long b/c he drives a little better than i do.

potatobiker8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
d16z6 is the best out of all the d series engines.my friends had zc,d16y8,d16z6, and the z6 was the fastet in is 93 si.

IGotASlowCivic

Yeah Im slow... So?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SleepingSol said:
what kind of question is this? you can make any d series faster than it is stock but you gotta remember, just because you can pull a decent amount of power out of a d doesnt mean one is faster than the other. You have to take into consideration the driver too. I mean my y8 has more horse power than my buddy's z6 but his will beat mine all day long b/c he drives a little better than i do.
lets also remember, you dont make an engine faster. you make an engine more powerful. how much faster you go with that depends on many factors : and weight and driver being two of many.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If it's being built completely and boosted, it doesn't really matter because you're probably going to be using a conglomeration of different D-parts and aftermarket ones

Y8 block
Z6 head
A6 pistons
etc...
(*not a real suggestion. Just what I've seen one person do)

Boricuanology

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
typeRrice14 said:
ive seen one on honda-tech that ran 12s. guy had a z6 with stage 2 cam and valvetrain. stock block. itbs he made header and exhaust. it was in a crx. theres a 400whp coupe on streetfire. its boosted. i think it runs 12s as well. seening these too cars gave me inspirtation to build my car d series. i got a fully built block with a compression out ro 12.5:1 and a z6 head with a stage 1 comp cam and valvetrain all waiting to go in the car. next would itbs and a 50 shot and hope and pray i break into the 12s. the motor should get me into the 14s.
I just saw a guy this past weekend at Englishtown raceway park with a 91 SI running in the 12's the engine had a black cover SOHC with VTEC on top, it looks to me like a J engine.

Boricuanology

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
typeRrice14 said:
Same goes for me, Plus it sounds impresive when you are able to beat cars running bigger engines, Damm I can wait to be some Mustangs guys, Anyway You going nitrous I'm going Turbo I just want to do the engine right. I know that I want a good cilynder head. I know JG engine Dynamics have done good, but what else is out there, what other companies you guys recommend. with the most affordable prices, and excellent service and fast turn around. I was planning on having my block sleeve, I met this guy at the Philadelphia SEMA Show, from the Darton company that was giving me info. but if I can get away with doing the sleeve thing I rather used that money on the cylinder head.

Boricuanology

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SleepingSol said:
You right about that , I was just asking if there is a D engine better than others. I was told that the y8 cilynder head out of a 96-2000 EX has better air flow than the Z6. A lot of times I don't know if you guys realized this but sometimes the diffrence might be in the Comp. ratio, camshaft spec or cilynder flow desing. for example, im gonna used the B series as an example From factory the same B engine might have 9.5 to 1 while the type R, or SI-R, engine might be 10 or 10.5 to 1 and with a better camshaft, this same B engine(block and head) engine can have 5, 10 or 15 more HP than the "regular B engine".

Inigo Montoya