Fastest D series Engine.

chiliredDX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Inigo Montoya said:
worst platform for any real power..

costs you $$$ for custom rods (no one waists time with d15 rods)
im still waiting for rods to come in for my d15b. been nearly a month.

tunerfreak87

i like snails.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Inigo Montoya said:
worst platform for any real power..

costs you $$$ for custom rods (no one waists time with d15 rods)
why would you need "custom" rods in a d15b when it already houses P28 rods?

95civic-jdm

5+ Year Member
hundredwatt said:
It is a 1.5 liter. But you can get more power out of it all day long than you can a d16. don't get a us d15. all of those suck. go j-spec. Plus d15b's are cheap. so blow as many of them up as you want. One reason for getting a d15b would be the vtec. I could be wrong, but I don't think they made a d16 vtec. My d15b sounds awsome. Pair it with a race header, full exaust, good intake manifold, bigger throttle body, cold air intake. You should run high 8's and low 9's in an eigth if you can drive to the cars full capability. And that's non turbo'd, and no juice.
Wow, new here but i really can beleave what im seeing here? 1. A d-series on boost is no way faster then a b-series on boost 2. I ran a b18b on boost(10psi) for three years and it pulled like a train 3. It would take a very small turbo for a d-series which can't even hold it for the power band 4. higher/lower compression is not a hugh issue if tuning and injectors are right. 5. higher compression motor on boost will handle less boost but, with less boost the more hp output is higher.

You will spend more time blowing d15b than spending more one shot and swaping a b-series and boosting it.
D-series=economical motor(gas saver)
B-series non-vtec=Daily city torque motor
B-series vtec=Daily performance highway motor

Just by the way i ran a 12.9 with slicks on a da b18b t3 turbo at 10psi

tunerfreak87

i like snails.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh you left some motors out of your biast b-series post: =)

boosted d-series = n/a b-series eater
h-series = even more torqued daily driver
k-series = no comparison

95civic-jdm

5+ Year Member
tunerfreak87 said:
oh you left some motors out of your biast b-series post: =)

boosted d-series = n/a b-series eater
h-series = even more torqued daily driver
k-series = no comparison
Thanks:???: , i wasn't trying to be rude its just common knowledge!:lol:

StanghaterCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hundredwatt said:
Well, I'm waisting time on a d15b. Also a d series is far better than a gsr b18 for boost because of the much lower compression ratio. The lower the compression, the more psi you can boost the engine. I'll be running low 9's in an eigth when I get my clutch in and that's non turboed. I get mad at the drag strip when I see cars with a lot "better" engines can't run good times. I saw a guy with a type r b16 that was running high 10's in the eighth. what is the deal with that? Am I the only import driver there that can drive? I waxed a turboed civic with a gsr b18 for about to the 60ft marker. And my clutch is almost dead. My clutch slips going up slight inclines. This dude was running 6 ps on the gsr b18 and only got low 9's and high eights.
and wat kind of motor do u have...ok and i doubt if ur clutch is slippin that bad if u could outrun anything...:roll:

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hundredwatt said:
Well, I'm waisting time on a d15b. Also a d series is far better than a gsr b18 for boost because of the much lower compression ratio. The lower the compression, the more psi you can boost the engine. I'll be running low 9's in an eigth when I get my clutch in and that's non turboed. I get mad at the drag strip when I see cars with a lot "better" engines can't run good times. I saw a guy with a type r b16 that was running high 10's in the eighth. what is the deal with that? Am I the only import driver there that can drive? I waxed a turboed civic with a gsr b18 for about to the 60ft marker. And my clutch is almost dead. My clutch slips going up slight inclines. This dude was running 6 ps on the gsr b18 and only got low 9's and high eights.
Common man only i could say some BS like that and make it believeable.;)

my boy got into the low 14's in the 1/4 with a stock ZC some little bolt ons, So id say your not going that FAST with your slippin clutch..

Im not the best with D's i couldnt tell you s**t more then most people know, But i do love sohc Vtec ZC's

tunerfreak87

i like snails.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
95civic-jdm said:
Thanks:???: , i wasn't trying to be rude its just common knowledge!:lol:
haha no biggie

and yes a d15b is a replacement BUT at least it came from a different counrty, and i think taking a motor out and puttin a different one in qualifies as that one word...wait what is it??? oh yeah a "swap":roll:

95civic-jdm

5+ Year Member
tunerfreak87 said:
haha no biggie

and yes a d15b is a replacement BUT at least it came from a different counrty, and i think taking a motor out and puttin a different one in qualifies as that one word...wait what is it??? oh yeah a "swap":roll:
Oh sorry again=) , i guess it would be a swap, but are you really swaping if its not really an upgrade?
d15b is not an upgrade, its a replacement!:lol: :alcoholic

Boricuanology

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
95civic-jdm said:
Oh sorry again=) , i guess it would be a swap, but are you really swaping if its not really an upgrade?
The way I see it, If you took it out and put a diffrent one, Doesn't matter if it is the same or better, as long as you took one out and put another in, IT IS A SWAP. As long as you have cover every angle for the swap, harnes, motor mounts, shift linkage, ect all engines are all the same Bull ?hit.

tunerfreak87

i like snails.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
95civic-jdm said:
haha np

tunerfreak87

i like snails.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Boricuanology said:
The way I see it, If you took it out and put a diffrent one, Doesn't matter if it is the same or better, as long as you took one out and put another in, IT IS A SWAP. As long as you have cover every angle for the swap, harnes, motor mounts, shift linkage, ect all engines are all the same Bull ?hit.
fo sho man, i changed out everything...so i say "SWAP" ;)

tunerfreak87

i like snails.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
95civic-jdm said:
Then you must think 125hp are some big output numbers:shock: , That must equal about 80 whp:lol:
when did i compare a stock single cam to a built n/a b series?

I'm talkin a built single cam turbo against a built n/a b series. I know someone who had a built lsvtec runnin 12's...3 months later he now has a boosted kouki 240. Another friend swapped a typeR into his civic, and for some odd reason hes re-doing his motor for boost also...weird eh?

and sorry for the miscommunication -- i'm not talking down on B series, I'm just talking down on n/a i guess

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
your d series better run a mid-low 12 or a 11 sec quarter mile or you can't talk down to me.