First Civic and Car

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Well, after driving a Saturn Sc2 for too many months (sisters car LOL) I decided to get my own. A civic was probably the last thing I was going to get until I saw this one online. So here's the stats- 95 Coupe, 140k on it, Cat back exhaust, intake, custom paint, custom interior, red LED underglow, Alpine deck, and remote start. Not too bad for only paying $1950 for it :lol: It does have a couple little rust spots and bubbles on the rear pannels, but it's not that bad. Tell me what you guys think-

Underglow-

Laozy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good I guess. Are you going for a Daily or a Showcar?

CDubs

Registered VIP
not my style personally but dump it =) it will look better, and on smaller rims too

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
I had a feeling I would get a little bit of hate on it.. But I will probably eventually get different rims, the ones that are on it have some corrosion starting. And just daily driver, I don't really have the time money, or will to make it a show car lol :roll:

krash

Unobtanium Member
5+ Year Member
Get rid of the rice and it should do alright, can't hurt to have one saved, sucks about the rust but you northern guys are used to that lol.

CDubs

Registered VIP
there isnt too much hate lol i mentioned my opinion....back on topic, what rims you lookin at? and what are your plans for it as of now?

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i don't see any rice on it... unless you consider the leds rice... and i kinda dig em. Nice find bro. Got a brand for the exhaust?

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Yeah, I do live in an area here in WI where there are a lot of rednecks so I better get used to it being called rice lol.. But not sure about the rims, it probably wont happen anytime really soon, unless I find a pair for a good price. How would a black or a charcoal colored rims look? I was thinking about painting these ones I have now to cover up some of the corrosion and maybe it will look a little better? and the grey on the bottom half is charcoal. And I don't really know about the exhaust, it looks decent though, not just a crap can.

CDubs

Registered VIP
thats not too bad to srart with, if you paint the rims, imo i think that charcoal would be a good color, or poder coat them black with a red lip to match, wouldnt look to bad to me, and yeah if you live around hicks then your gunna get the rice card pulled a lot, but who cares its your car, you like it the way it is and do stuff for you not anyone else so those 8inch lifted trucks can waste all their money on gas whille you get like 30mpg

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
We all start somewhere. But, for under 2g, can't complain.

ike1254

5+ Year Member
well dude my first civic was bone stock for 2 gs and i put bout 1500 in it on lowering it and rotas and exhaust and it was nice lookin. i would lower it for now and paint ur rims and u will be ok!!!!

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
I like the charcoal with red lip. Ill have to look into doing that soon, maybe this week.

CDubs

Registered VIP
yeah, once you paint the rims post some pics up, also you plan to lower? it would look way better

Dblenkle

I think it looks really sharp! And for what you paid, you got a helluva deal! Grats and good luck!

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
congrats on the new car. as you research and explore this site, you will probably realise what to change and what not too. sometimes it takes a while to grow on you, but oem/jdm will bite you in the ass :lol:

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Thanks guys. And im not sure about lowering it.. Maybe in the future. And that's my dad spraying it lol

CDubs

Registered VIP
i think you should lower it IMO, its not that expensive if you do springs and shocks but a full F&F type1 coilovers are about 600 or so on here brand new, just a consideration