First Civic and Car

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
I do have a little extra money right now but I don't know what to use it on. Painting the rims is an idea, but I dont really have the time needed to do it. And something in the front end, probably the brakes, has been squeeking like a mofo so I'll probably have to get that fixed..

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ditch the rice and refrain from callin me a douchebag, your the one who had a special talk with another honda owner. =)

Swap a five speed in it!

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Little update-
Had an open day today so me and a couple friends decided to paint the rims. It turned out better than I figured. Ill have more pics up tomorrow

[/IMG]

Compared to the old silver-

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Dude, go all graphite with the paint for the body and I think ur set for looks. As for the squeaking, is it when u turn or come to a stop?

aeaddy03

Up And Coming
5+ Year Member
pretty good start but continue working at it and it will come together. the rims look 10Xs better painted! Good Luck!

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Thanks dude, and the brakes were squeeking. So new pads and rotors solved that problem.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Honestly, go back to OEM tails if you go uno-tone. but the tails match the paint scheme. But like I said before, f**king sexy.

Naught260

5+ Year Member
I think red and black tail lights, like half-smoked, might set off the paint scheme nicely.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Yea tinting them a little sounds like a good idea.. What should I use to do that? Tint spray or regular tint?

JUNY

"where you at?"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks better with the rims painted black..but save for that drop! once you get it lowered its gonna look so much better

and advanceauto sells this paint thats called day and night i used it on my lights came out pretty good

can of it costs like 15$

techavluis

Registered VIP
congrats on the new car. as you research and explore this site, you will probably realise what to change and what not too. sometimes it takes a while to grow on you, but oem/jdm will bite you in the ass :lol:

holy s**t this guy is not lying! i got a civic for 2k and didnt think i was going to do anything. boy ones i got on this site with a few others..... 10k later am still buying s**t and not cuz of things braking. all upgrades. its endless with honda..... but i think i like it... wait, I DO! never for 1 sec, did i think i was ever going to cheat on my wife... lol!!

techavluis

Registered VIP
but nice car, am not into the 2 colors but the front lights look nice and the rims are alot better. also i like the neon lights as i have them too! lol (well i have leds but same thing)

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's not bad for 2k. I personally don't like the 2 color paint job, just looks cheap to me. Also the rims are ugly, and it should get about a 2 inch drop. As for the street glow, keep it if u like it, but it's illegal to drive with it on. But regardless of what we say, do what u like, if u like how it sits then keep it that way. You have to drive ur car, not us.... Good luck

techavluis

Registered VIP
It's not bad for 2k. I personally don't like the 2 color paint job, just looks cheap to me. Also the rims are ugly, and it should get about a 2 inch drop. As for the street glow, keep it if u like it, but it's illegal to drive with it on. But regardless of what we say, do what u like, if u like how it sits then keep it that way. You have to drive ur car, not us.... Good luck

yea, the red neon lights are illegal but if you get leds and dont use like blue, red, yellow, or emergency colors u well be good.

here is the a link for alittle info
http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/2009/05/are-neon-or-underglow-car-lights-legal.html

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The car looks good! The color on the rims rock. when you tint the tail lights do not use a spray can. i painted mine with autozone tailight paint and it look wack. you have to go to a shop and they will paint it using gloss with a hint of black paint. give it a light coat so you wont get pulled over. having it with the dark coat will definitely merge with the car color scheme.