French-Frye Project yesSiR build thread

French-Frye

Well guys I got a problem, some of my JDM front end parts (mainly my lip, and one corner light got beat from gettin moved around the shop so I decided to put my USDM front end on :/ all except my front fenders cause the wiring to the marker lights is staying. So that will be another part of this project. Gettin my jdm front back!!!!!!!! < (got a little excited there)

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good progress man...:thumbs up

French-Frye

Blocks trashed. Main journal was so hot it softened and smashed out of round .008. So decided it would be cheaper to get another block and crank so I don't have to have oversized bearings, pay for line boring, machining of the crank, and them rebuild. So process has begun of locating a replacement b16a block. I do have a question for those following anyone do a turbo build have you switched oil? Or used the OE spec oil weight. Im wondering if I maybe switch oil I might get some more protection for the future. Any recommendations?

TalkJDM

Thanks. I need input on repaint color choices. i was considering something like a Midnight purple, Burgundy, Darker blue, or just straight black.
:brokenComputer: I WANT ONE but consider Vintage Plum Pearl, its not dark and its not light and im sure it looks real nice on these chassis.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes the plum pearl is pretty. I would stray away from black...

French-Frye

sorry about the block man
tuned in for updates on this
Its all good. Im graduating high school next month so as a present a family friend of ours is getting it line bored for me. Anyone have suggestions on aftermarket oversized bearings they perfer? I usually always ran stock honda bearings but now im gonna have to get a new set.

French-Frye

Well all machining is done gettin the block Saturday and Sunday should start a rebuild. Can't wait till she is done =)

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Its all good. Im graduating high school next month so as a present a family friend of ours is getting it line bored for me. Anyone have suggestions on aftermarket oversized bearings they perfer? I usually always ran stock honda bearings but now im gonna have to get a new set.
ACL Bearings

French-Frye

ACL Bearings
th machine shop said i didnt have to run oversized bearings? is that true? i mean whenever i built a motor i used stock or bearings that the size was specified by the machine shop but the block was line bored (nothing done to the crank except a polish) and he said i can still used stock bearings?? how does that work since material was removed??

French-Frye

well guys i havent updated in awhile but heres where im at. i just got the motor in and im wiring it up and its been awhile since we did this does anyone have a diagram for wires and hoses?? muchh appreciated if you do. ill be posting pics when i figure out how to upload easily lol

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well guys i havent updated in awhile but heres where im at. i just got the motor in and im wiring it up and its been awhile since we did this does anyone have a diagram for wires and hoses?? muchh appreciated if you do. ill be posting pics when i figure out how to upload easily lol
i usually just lay the harness out and match the connectors ;)

French-Frye

i usually just lay the harness out and match the connectors ;)
the harness we got in today, but the hoses is where our problem was. we have most of it ran but we need a few new hoses since we found a crack in some of them. you wouldnt happen to know how to delet a carbon canister would you? id like to delete that and mount my oil catch can there.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have u tried google?

Charcoal canister delete... Type that s**t in and see what u get!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

French-Frye

some pics for you guys. any questions ill be glad to answer. what do you guys think?? pics a lil out of order sorry :/

jdm vanity plate FTW

off to Innovative Motorworks for a session ;)

def need a smaller exhaust tip. im goin 3 inch. maybe a straight pipe any suggestions?