French-Frye Project yesSiR build thread

K00PA

Registered VIP
That isn't bad considering its custom for my chassis ill def look into that. Thanks!
Word! I had a local guy going to make me one and he wanted to charge me 1500 for custom 3" and it wasnt even mandrel bent...lol must've thought i was a noob or some random sucka cause i laughed and walked right out of his shop!

French-Frye

Word! I had a local guy going to make me one and he wanted to charge me 1500 for custom 3" and it wasnt even mandrel bent...lol must've thought i was a noob or some random sucka cause i laughed and walked right out of his shop!
Holy sh**! That's crazy!

K00PA

Registered VIP
Yea it was insane cause he said it was some special kind of metal, and what made it worst was it was without the muffler, Lol yea that dude was crazy :lol:

French-Frye

Yea it was insane cause he said it was some special kind of metal, and what made it worst was it was without the muffler, Lol yea that dude was crazy :lol:
Def gonna go for a kteller. Where ae they located? Or do they have a website I can order from?

French-Frye

Well its running and driving. It needs help though. See im not sure how to run the vacuum lines for the turbo and its not building boost so I must have gotten them wrong. Anyone know how to help? I diagram or a walk through?? Please??

K00PA

Registered VIP
Good to see you went with Kteller, very nice choice, you'll love the product!
You did get the mandrel stainless right?

K00PA

Registered VIP
Lol, right...especially being boosted cause the power bands will look amazing ;)

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks! always glad to hear people like the car. so what is everyone got? havent gotten a chance to find out who drives what.
Right now, I have a stock 97 EJ8 with a 00 front and rear end conversion. Just a d16y8 for now. I originally wanted to do a k20/24 frank turbo, but then decided I was over modding the car (it's a salvage title for theft). Decided to mod it again, threw out the k-series idea (big power gains, but it's a lot of work and money in custom parts), and instead I'm going to go b-series. Picking up a b20 bottom end next week :D

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well its running and driving. It needs help though. See im not sure how to run the vacuum lines for the turbo and its not building boost so I must have gotten them wrong. Anyone know how to help? I diagram or a walk through?? Please??
Thank you kindly sir. On another note aren't you the one who did the write up on boost for beginners in the forced induction section?
You're welcome. No that was tokyoskies I do believe
:word: yeah that was me haha.

As far as vacuum lines, it depends on what you're running. In general, you'll want to tap from your break booster though (best source of vacuum, easily available, and it's easy to run vacuum lines for a wire tuck). Pick up a Blox Vacuum Block. They will help you manage everything, look better, and won't fall off like plastic T clips. Your main sources in need of vacuum are your wastegate, your snail (turbo), BOV, and your charge piping will sometimes have a small nipple near the clamp for a vacuum line (not always, though).

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok so dilemma I sent my crank out to be poilshed but the shop wants to have it turned. I don't wanna remove material. There's only like 2 lil wear marks on it barely enough to catch your nail on so anyone have input on if I should just polish it and hope it comes out or get a new crank and bearings all together
I dont think much will be removed, should be fine, but then again i am no expert.

French-Frye

Good to see you went with Kteller, very nice choice, you'll love the product!
You did get the mandrel stainless right?
i checked for my chassis and they only have weld together kits :/ and i would need to buy a muffler to finish the system

French-Frye

Right now, I have a stock 97 EJ8 with a 00 front and rear end conversion. Just a d16y8 for now. I originally wanted to do a k20/24 frank turbo, but then decided I was over modding the car (it's a salvage title for theft). Decided to mod it again, threw out the k-series idea (big power gains, but it's a lot of work and money in custom parts), and instead I'm going to go b-series. Picking up a b20 bottom end next week :D
sweet yo. yeah K series are expensive but what are ya plannin, b20vtec or turbo? or just gonna drop it in. would love to see the build thread!

French-Frye

:word: yeah that was me haha.

As far as vacuum lines, it depends on what you're running. In general, you'll want to tap from your break booster though (best source of vacuum, easily available, and it's easy to run vacuum lines for a wire tuck). Pick up a Blox Vacuum Block. They will help you manage everything, look better, and won't fall off like plastic T clips. Your main sources in need of vacuum are your wastegate, your snail (turbo), BOV, and your charge piping will sometimes have a small nipple near the clamp for a vacuum line (not always, though).
i actually read your post on there and i started following what you were sayin so i started just following hoses and i found the issue! the vacuum line for the fuel regulator, BOV, and boost gauge didnt have any vacuum at all they had a line that fell down that i didnt see that wasnt hooked to anything so no vacuum hooked it all up clamped it all and not she runs CHERRY! :D so happy pushin boost and she pulls nice. didnt hit into vtec yet i need to hook up my tach so i can see before i redline.

French-Frye

I dont think much will be removed, should be fine, but then again i am no expert.
i asked the machinst and he told me what he did. he decked the caps oval then line bored it back to stock spec. which was awesome. not enough to change stroke and still can run stock bearings. she runs so smooth! i am in love with this car :D