French-Frye Project yesSiR build thread

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I looked this up, and came to this.
(d) Unauthorized modification of equipment.--No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor of the vehicle above the maximum levels permitted under subsection (a) or violate the provisions of subsection (b). Headers and side exhausts are permitted provided the vehicle meets all the requirements of this section.
Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have fun cleaning the exhaust soot off of ur windshield and sheetmetal...

French-Frye

Have fun cleaning the exhaust soot off of ur windshield and sheetmetal...
Wouldn't bother me much. Sheetmetel don't care, windshield would be passenger side only and only after awhile. Still the crazy s**t factor would make up for it. I already wash my cars once-twice a week

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but that doesnt say where it needs to exit. i looked it up in the PA Inspection book and it says it has to exit the body from the rear or sides.
I actually did read that. I'm not sure about the hood or fenders thoguh.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That sounds like a good idea.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Been a while since I stopped by your thread! Congrats on picking up that 01 GSR. I've been looking for one for literally years, but they're very rare to come across here in Southern California (everyone rices them out/beats them up/they get jacked etc.). As far as my build thread, it will be a bit before I even start on my car unfortunately. Just moved into a new house, and one of my roommates is moving out in 2 months lol. Keep your Civic if at all possible! Don't sell it!

French-Frye

Been a while since I stopped by your thread! Congrats on picking up that 01 GSR. I've been looking for one for literally years, but they're very rare to come across here in Southern California (everyone rices them out/beats them up/they get jacked etc.). As far as my build thread, it will be a bit before I even start on my car unfortunately. Just moved into a new house, and one of my roommates is moving out in 2 months lol. Keep your Civic if at all possible! Don't sell it!
Yeah I had to jump on it. an I will be able to keep my civic if things keep going the way they are.. but im having an Issue you guys might be. Able to help with. I have my si tranny B16a first gen cable trans. Well finding parts for it is becoming impossible. Should I continue looking for parts or just go Integra trans? Short SI ratios or long Integra? Which is better for my setup from what you guys see. I have a basic understanding tthat its either pull harder or pull longer

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Yeah I had to jump on it. an I will be able to keep my civic if things keep going the way they are.. but im having an Issue you guys might be. Able to help with. I have my si tranny B16a first gen cable trans. Well finding parts for it is becoming impossible. Should I continue looking for parts or just go Integra trans? Short SI ratios or long Integra? Which is better for my setup from what you guys see. I have a basic understanding tthat its either pull harder or pull longer
If you know how to drive the s**t really isn't going to matter for what youre doing with the car.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Actually gearing means alot. If you knew your s*** you wouldn't come on here actin like you know. Thanks but I don't have time for comments like this
Right, I forgot you're building a time attack car so excuse me for speaking in generalities......

Here's a real answer

Going to autox it? Sac up and spend more money/time on tracking down cable J1s/S1s and keep that gutless wonder in it's powerband. Of course you slapped a snail on it so obviously you arent going cone dodging so.....

Going to straight line it? Sac up and grab some bigger tires, launch control, and a good clutch. Want to run 11's? You can do it with either f**king trans, tons of people have. If your're having trouble finding parts for your cable b16, guess what you may have to snatch an LS when the other blows. Or you can do the LS 5th gen to make the b16 little more daily friendly.

This is all obvious, and since you know everything you clearly did not need anyone's advice on the situation.

French-Frye

Right, I forgot you're building a time attack car so excuse me for speaking in generalities......

Here's a real answer

Going to autox it? Sac up and spend more money/time on tracking down cable J1s/S1s and keep that gutless wonder in it's powerband. Of course you slapped a snail on it so obviously you arent going cone dodging so.....

Going to straight line it? Sac up and grab some bigger tires, launch control, and a good clutch. Want to run 11's? You can do it with either f***ing trans, tons of people have. If your're having trouble finding parts for your cable b16, guess what you may have to snatch an LS when the other blows. Or you can do the LS 5th gen to make the b16 little more daily friendly.

This is all obvious, and since you know everything you clearly did not need anyone's advice on the situation.
I asked a question on my build tread. I can ask any question I want and shouldnt to expect a d bag answer. I ddnt once say I know everything (or else I would not have asked the question) now I know geaing is important but I was asking opinions on which people think is better or what they have had experience with. I don't plan on tracking it I plan on building a soid street car. Now if you just gonna talk sh** on my car tht im proud of, leave the thread and save yourself looking like a douche.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Let's keep it civilized. Debates are fine but s**t slinging and name calling aren't.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
On the b16a/b I prefer the b16 trans. The higher rpm limits mean 80mph @ 4k isn't an issue. Dropping to third at 80 gets crazy. Maxing your top end at 120-130 is fine. Especially on an autox build. A b16a with an ls lacks low end. Ultimately b16 trans with ls 5th would be the way to go

French-Frye

On the b16a/b I prefer the b16 trans. The higher rpm limits mean 80mph @ 4k isn't an issue. Dropping to third at 80 gets crazy. Maxing your top end at 120-130 is fine. Especially on an autox build. A b16a with an ls lacks low end. Ultimately b16 trans with ls 5th would be the way to go
well i bought an LS tranny thats in it now and i have the b16 trans but 3rd gear is blown. should i use the LS 3rd and 5th gear in the b16 tranny? since ik integra 3rd gear pulls pretty decent. idk how it would be with the turbo b16 though. any input?

French-Frye

Give it a shot :what: might as well use what u got.
well now im thinking about it. b16 is a tranny to put down torque since their so short. but b18 is longer for power. so what if i have b16 1st and 2nd, then b18 3rd, 4th, and 5th? so i could get torque at low end then pull longer at higher speeds? or is my thinking like completely off