front plate laws by state

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im a little confused. if you registered your car in a state that's N and drive through a state that's R, can you get stopped for not having a front plate?? or if you live in an N state but your car is registered in an R state, do you have to keep the front plate on your car??

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
im a little confused. if you registered your car in a state that's N and drive through a state that's R, can you get stopped for not having a front plate?? or if you live in an N state but your car is registered in an R state, do you have to keep the front plate on your car??
If your registered in say Florida but reside in Ohio, no you do not need one.

If your registered in Ohio and live in Florida, I would presume chances are you wouldn't get pulled over for no front plate.

borisciVic

5+ Year Member
CT-R but past 2 weeks i havent drove with one on... and ive past cops and nothing has happend.

dc5_lov3r

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
CA-R i've seen tons of people without front license plates on there car. Even me but i was pulled over cause another car was stolen that fit my car description and it had no front license plates. and i still drove a month without it and passing cops left and right.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BASTARDS!!! and no radar detectors either...no fun in VA. :( oh, yeah and since july 1st, $3500 speeding tickets...just for instate drivers how is that fair.
holy f**k my car blue books for a little more than that

no on both counts. Cops in another state cant issue you a fix it ticket for something thats not required in your state ...... plus arizona doesnt require front plates and ive gotten pulled over there twice and no problems cause i dont run a front plate and california requires em

list updated.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow ... 14 states left to go

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea i had mine in my front too, but its annoying when i turn and goes everywhere/slides back and forth
If you push it in further and wedge it in there, it wont do that. :thumbs up

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow i've been driving with my license plate in my window for a long time and no ohio cops have ever pulled me over