front plate laws by state

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive been pulled over for it 3x in ohio.

2x verbal warning, 1x written warning.

1 of the times I had it in my front window.

Another time I got it "sorta" written on a warning for my exhaust being too loud... (aka shifty dui check) but she finally realized she was blind and I had it on the bumper.

The more expensive your car, the more likely you will get away with it, you will never see a corvette getting pulled over for not having a plate-bracket.

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know, it really takes away from the beauty of a front lip, or a sexy CTR grill, or maybe if your ridin dirty stealth sleeper, its the only thing thats still blingin.

A yellow plate looks bad ass tho, i dunno why.

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
here's a question for you guys, since we are on the topic. I noticed some cars with VA plates putting the plate on the inside front windshield so it's still technically shown and sort of in front and I think it's legal. so those guys aren't mounting the plates on the bumper at all.

any laws pertaining on where the front plate is supposed to be other then the fact it has to be shown on the front, but I'm guessing can be anywhere?

trunkmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
here's a question for you guys, since we are on the topic. I noticed some cars with VA plates putting the plate on the inside front windshield so it's still technically shown and sort of in front and I think it's legal. so those guys aren't mounting the plates on the bumper at all.

any laws pertaining on where the front plate is supposed to be other then the fact it has to be shown on the front, but I'm guessing can be anywhere?
yea does anyone know if thats the same for oregon cus i dont think u can even put it on your dash. also good thread cus i didn't know u get fined that much for not haveing a frnt license plate.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wisconsin and Minnesota updated.

as far as plates in the window goes, illegal in california, i got a ticket ... his exact words is it has to be on the bumper.

for oregon, todd a memeber on this site said he fought his ticket cause he had it in the window, and oregon law states that the plate must be displayed and visible, but says nothing about it being affixed to the front bumper.

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what kind of laws are there for painting the plates; like making then all white with blue letting and leaving the state, is there anything against that?

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
plate in the window thing is kinda dangerous though :lol:

spoolinem1

All Motor No More Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea someone stole my front license plate only worked once with a cop the next officer d**k gave me a ticket

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I highly dobut you can paint a lisence plate. I think most places in OH you can get away with the plate in the windshield. Just depends on how moody the cop is.