Got pulled over by a cop...

Natching

5+ Year Member
I got pulled over by a cop and asked to pop my hood then he saw my AEM intake which is btw legal but he told me that i installed it improperly. I don't know what that cop is talkin about... help me guys... i have a 2000 civic ex 2 dr. he told me that i have to put the sensor somewhere. if u guys can provide pics wold be a big help. thanks...

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why would he randomly ask you to pop your hood? what did you get pulled over for in the first place

blackej7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
must be a ricer..

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, they'll do that. happened to me a few times. once they see the legal parts they tell you to tighten this and that. did u get a ticket?

Commodore

back again
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CA cops suck. They want to get you for anything. But I think as long as you have your CARB sticker, you should be good. A couple years ago a cop wanted to see my intake, and it was all good according to him, sticker and all on my AEM CAI. He has to explain more what the problem is, how the hell can a simple intake be installed improperly?

Natching

5+ Year Member
the cop told me that i didn't put the sensor in the right hole... i have the aem short ram intake and there's 3 holes right? one is for the hose and the other one is for the sensor. i don't know why the cop is telling me that i installed it improperly.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you shoulda told him that you have a history of putting it in the wrong hole. maybe he woulda laughed and said have a good day sir. then^^ you tell em to f**k off and flip him the bird as you burn out and yell piiiigggggg!!!!

or just put it in the right hole

Natching

5+ Year Member
i was really arguing with him... he was also telling me that i'm not gonna pass the smog but i told him i already pass it and he was so pissed... i told him can't you not see my sticker on my license plate. duh!!??? stupid pig!!!

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you're not very smart popping your hood for him in the first place.

Civic Chris

5+ Year Member
If a cop asks you to pop your hood, are you supposed to?
I'm not a lawyer, but from what I know, you can tell him that you won't open your hood, but then officers can use that as evidence you are doing something illegal, and search it without your permission.

The best thing to do is always just to respect the officers, and if you're doing something illegal, well you knew it was illegal when you installed it.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
a car is not a house. they dont have to have a warrant to search it. if they ask just say yes because saying no gives them probable cause, and then they're going to be a d**k about it too

im tempted to move this to offtopic. not really 6th gen tech at all unless you're looking for the right hole :lol:

Last edited:

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow if a cop asked me to pop my hood i be like sure dude wanna go for a spin too, but i live in chicago so they never really question anythign more than loud exhausts...

Last edited by a moderator: