Got pulled over by a cop...

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For the popped hood question. I believe a cop can pull you over for no reason at all, They can not search a thing unless they have the probable cause. If they have probable cause they can search your lunge area, which mainly includes your body and around your seat. If they find somethin and arrest you then they can do a full car search.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If I was a cop I would f**k with ricers as well.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ same here

cops dont need a warrant to search your car, they need probable cause. and they dont even need probable cause to let a k9 unit loose on the inside of your car. trust me i know first hand

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cops dont know the difference between a ricer and someone with a JDM conversion and TE-37s. basically as long as youve got an aftermarket exhaust, its all the same to them

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
cops dont know the difference between a ricer and someone with a JDM conversion and TE-37s. basically as long as youve got an aftermarket exhaust, its all the same to them
Yup, thats what sucks about Hondas.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just wondering why alot of people even have big fart cannon exhaust. it doesnt add more power, all it does is make noise and look weird. and gets you pulled over. seems like it wouldnt make sense to have it.

harne_kyle

5+ Year Member
actually the exhaust does give you more power. and i got pulled over about 2 weeks ago for failure to stop at a stop sign and 69 in a 55 :S

kaace

I'm getting there...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you have an ammendment that protects you from illegal search and seizure...

case closed...

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just wondering why alot of people even have big fart cannon exhaust. it doesnt add more power, all it does is make noise and look weird. and gets you pulled over. seems like it wouldnt make sense to have it.
they sound cool

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Isn't that entrapment, they're the one asking to race; not you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA watch it people.
its only entrapment if they race. san diego had or has their anti street racing task force. they would go to local meets and while driving on the street rev up their engine to provoke races. when somebody would race they wouldn't. then the person that took off speeding gets their car impounded and cavity searches given out. i read it in import tuner years ago.

frankotah

5+ Year Member
i got pulled over for the same reason.. my rear bulbs were too white and not amber.. you know what he did next?.. he pull the damn measuring tape on my ass and told me my car is 1 inch too low.. what a b***h.. then he told me to pop my hood.. he seached my engine like inspector gaget.. noticed my engine was a jdm engine and said it was illegal. my life flashed before my eyes.. i thought i was going to lose my car.. (drive a civic si btw) wrote me a ticket for all of it.. next day bought new lights, spacers, and called state ref. a 900 dollar fine turned out to be only 10bucks fix it ticket. f*ck elk grovee PD.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
man it must suck to live in ca...NJ is better!

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a car is not a house. they dont have to have a warrant to search it. if they ask just say yes because saying no gives them probable cause, and then they're going to be a d**k about it too
FALSE!!

if your property is locked, and you are not willing to have your car searched they do require a warrant to open the trunk, glove box, and hood... all they need to do is call a k-9 unit and get probable cause but most will not go through that process... your vehicle is considered private property under law, you don't have to even exit your vehicle unless your paper work is incorrect, or you where pulled over for an offense dangerous to other motorists aka. DWI, racing... reckless acts...

Have been living with a NJ state trooper for oh... 98% of my life, I have been informed until I couldn't stand it anymore of police rights to motorists

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
correct^ all they can do is look inside the car from what is visible through the windows. if you say no to search or popping hood, let them bring the dog. and guess what, dogs cant sniff out illegal mods! (only drugs lol). so if dog finds nothing, they must let you go. your car is considered property, you paid for it right? so if you have nothing illegal in the car, you better say hell no to popping the hood. its just gonna cause more problems.