have any of you went back?

whiteciv88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well this thread is for people that went back and read there old post from when they first got into the game or into hondas. Haha i went back to a thread that i started and i was surprized i was that dumb back then i am pretty proud of myself now that i know so much and stuff so people inlighten us with you experience thanks
Jeff H

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep, when i had the ugliest lip ever that i tell people all the time not to get?

atleast i actually did the go fast and the scene wasnt where it is now..
we didnt know any better 8 years ago..

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I did awhile ago. It's ridiculous, lol.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah i did it a few weeks ago.. I try not to bash noobs because the fact is we were all noobs once, we all take the time to learn about hondas and it just takes time..

I read the threads I made when I first got here and their not as bad as the noobie threads today but damn they were funny to read...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was pretty dumb, one of my first threads way back asked about dropping a K20 into EJ/EK chassis.......by turning the engine around like a b-series haha.

im glad i listen, read, and learned. Current Noobs dont seem to progress

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yep. I was dumber than 99% of the people who come to this site for the first time.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm honestly pretty much the same IMO..

Post #1

redsidriver2 said:
yeah i know its a lot but i think its well worth the results and no i seriouslly want new
your right.. stick with that additude.. just save the cash and get them brand new... i have real ctrs and i think you CAN tell the differance.. worth every cent
Post #2 - in regards to someone changing a part because CC told him to..

did you change them because YOU wanted to.. or because people on a website told you to..
and as far as how they look?.. lol they look fine.. MOST STOCK lighting does look fine, after all.. it DOES come with the car... not being a d**k.. just pointing out the obvious..
post #3 - i STILL say this ALL the time..

just get nitrous and call it a day

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm honestly pretty much the same IMO..

Post #1

Post #2 - in regards to someone changing a part because CC told him to..

post #3 - i STILL say this ALL the time..

Bahahahaha WIN

My first thread I was wondering how super beast A CAI would make my Y8 :smackself

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah i did went back to my old post a couple months ago and let me tell you guys i'm :oops: reading all my noobie post :lol:

first_build

5+ Year Member
I read a lot of the posts on here and I am still pretty new to the honda game and I completely agree noobs need to search more. But it is nice to see that most are willing to try and help a noob. You can hide ugly but you can't hide stupid.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
this isnt my first post, i couldnt figure out how to find it. but this is the first thread i ever made

Dated 10-13-2003
I own a 2000 Civic Si with some basic bolt-on mods right now. All I want is some opinions from you guys about what exhaust i should put on my car. Right now its stock exhaust and its too damn quiet even though my custom made cold air sounds like a Hemi when i open the throttle. I narrowed my choices down to GReddy Evo FULL catback exhaust OR Mugen Twin Looped axle back exhaust. The GReddy is slightly less in cost and i get the full exhaust system but the Mugen is, well Mugen! but it costs slightly more. So, what do you guys think?!
:rolf: @ sounds like a hemi

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I am thinking about getting a magnaflow cat back exhaust. is it worth it or should i go with something else? i also am thinking of getting a cold air intake Any of you guys use toucan stuff and is it any good?
i wasnt too bad i guess lol. just trying to do a bunch of cheap s**t like a "toucan" CAI i saw somewhere for cheap. prolly junk lol.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I Have A 96 Civic EX [Engine: D16Y8] Where should i buy a vtec head from i am watching some on ebay but dont trust these people too much and how much should one cost?
ebay is fine. junkyards are good. also check craigslist.
how much should i pay for the heaD?
wait... you have a VTEC head already. D16Y8 has VTEC. Just because it doesn't say VTEC on the valve cover doesn't mean you don't have VTEC.
are you sure.... i thought it could be non vtec too...?
I'm sure. As long as the head was never swapped out you have VTEC. If you don't believe me, look on your engine for this:
yeah... mine dont have that
you sure? it's not actually green. post a pic of that area of your engine
yea it's there. you have VTEC. it's that round cylinder shaped thing. That's part of the VTEC solenoid.
Thank you so much i just saved a bunch of money lol that woulda sucked wow... HA THATS SO DAM TIGHT YEZZIR
yea that would have really sucked. especially off ebay. probably no return policy. it gets to your house and you take the old head off, set it down next to the new one and go "wait, this looks EXACTLY the F&*$&#*@& same!"
:roll::roll:

:haha::smackself:smackself:smackself