Hood Pin Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that is the reason why i had my hood pins installed, driving on a highway 80 MPH, i see my hood flapping,, so i'm guessing it wasn't a good sign. Went to the closest motorsport store the next day, and got me some hoodpins.....you guys don't read before purchasing a CF hood? *hoodpins are required for this product* or some s**t like that....

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
JSPEC EJ6 said:
that is the reason why i had my hood pins installed, driving on a highway 80 MPH, i see my hood flapping,, so i'm guessing it wasn't a good sign. Went to the closest motorsport store the next day, and got me some hoodpins.....you guys don't read before purchasing a CF hood? *hoodpins are required for this product* or some s**t like that....
due to the higher chance of failure in a cf hood, the companies put that on for liability reasons

afermarket or oem replacement hoods have a MUCH lower chance of failure or defects so you wont see those requirements on them

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just tie your hood down with a wire, and close it on the latch, its invisible and 100% reliable. its just a b***h to get off every time you have pop your hood

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i say hood locks.. but i dont really suggest using it on cf hood or fiberglass unless u are good at drilling. whats great about hood looks is that it protects your car also. u would need the special cut key to unlock it and pop up the hood.

deaconwagers

...now rockin an integra
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my best friend has had a vis cf hood on his celica for about a year and a half now, no hood pins and no problems, either.

JDMsta

CC's Assologist
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
for future reference, at the botom of the screen under thread tools, you will see a button called "subscribe to this thread"
it subscribes to the thread without having to post :thumbs up

and no, to the best of my knowledge there is no alternative to hoodpins

invent something and make millions

I never even noticed that button.........what is tthaat for?????????????

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
due to the higher chance of failure in a cf hood, the companies put that on for liability reasons

afermarket or oem replacement hoods have a MUCH lower chance of failure or defects so you wont see those requirements on them

How is a CF hood more prone to failure? I don't get it.....

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eran said:
function over form. safety first.

In all honnesty, I'm probably going to end up with Sparco hood pin (no knockoff, they rust, I've experienced it first hand), take the pin and ring out, spray the plate black, and replace the pin assembly. They'll look pretty nice with a silver ring and pin, silver screws, and a flat-black base on carbonfiber.
muHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA...:evil:
i'm gonna do that if i ever have a cf hood again and decide to put pins on it...8)

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tien locking hood dampers. Or. Put a spring on it so at 90 degrees its pulkling down and doesnt close the dood, but at anything less its pulls against the hood to keep it down.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i;d get the ones gabebauman has. maybe paint em black of something. MOROSO <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<clicky

ReggieSD

PoPoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
charles_00Civic said:
Tien locking hood dampers. Or. Put a spring on it so at 90 degrees its pulkling down and doesnt close the dood, but at anything less its pulls against the hood to keep it down.
sounds like a good idea...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn you cookie for posting the ones I like.

gabebauman

Sk8aholic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
potatobiker8 said:
i went to home depot and bought some rubber coated braided cable...i looped and pinched one end and the end i looped and pinched to the hood latch on the hood....so when ur hood drops down u have to make sure the hanging cable slides down right and then i locked it to the bottom of my rad support....anti theft/ safety....i think it was about 5 bucks for everything....i can take pics tomara if yah want just let me know
Genius...I'd like to see pictures of this...even though I already have hood pins. It just sounds like a great idea.
NICE

Inigo Montoya