How do you deal with the ridicule of being a ricer

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get new friends.

My friends don't call me a ricer. My boss teases me on occasion for driving a Honda, but I just tease him right back about his love for POS Chevy trucks. Nothing makes that man happier than a 70s Chevy with different colored panels. Well, besides maybe his dream of winning the lottery, getting a monster truck and running over my Civic (he says he'd get me a new one, but I don't want a new one).

Really though, tease them about their taste in cars and let it be a lighthearted thing or get new friends if they're actually being assholes to you about it.

It's not rocket science. Friends, at least to some degree, care about your feelings.
i agree, lol though ill be honest, i do my best to make my car far from rice, and my GF's dad always calls my car rice caus "it's an import" i was like its all good "ur Fix Or Repair Daily is an automatic fail, least my car runs lol"

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i agree, lol though ill be honest, i do my best to make my car far from rice, and my GF's dad always calls my car rice caus "it's an import" i was like its all good "ur Fix Or Repair Daily is an automatic fail, least my car runs lol"
My car isn't all riced out in my opinion either, but there are still people out there would will think it is. Even if it's stock, it's still a Honda and therefore still rice to at least some people. My boss doesn't call my car rice, but he still isn't thrilled with Hondas in general. He has told me several times that he likes my car a lot more than the other Hondas he sees around here.

Youthanasia

5+ Year Member
The more you react and the more you get mad, the more your going to get made fun of. You just have to except it and find cleaver come backs. All the guys at work make fun of my 3g eclipse, they call it a chick car. Ya maybe their right, but i bonned a few chicks in that car a while ago, shuts em up everytime. Its a nicer car then any of those douches drive. Plus driving my civic earned me the title "vin diesel" around my click of freinds :roll: what can ya do though? Also since my civic is so beat up i gotta hear how much a piece of s**t it is. So hopefully i can upgrade to ricer once i throw more money at it.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The more you react and the more you get mad, the more your going to get made fun of. You just have to except it and find cleaver come backs. All the guys at work make fun of my 3g eclipse, they call it a chick car. Ya maybe their right, but i bonned a few chicks in that car a while ago, shuts em up everytime. Its a nicer car then any of those douches drive. Plus driving my civic earned me the title "vin diesel" around my click of freinds :roll: what can ya do though? Also since my civic is so beat up i gotta hear how much a piece of s**t it is. So hopefully i can upgrade to ricer once i throw more money at it.

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Whenever people make fun of my car I just key each side of it, it makes me feel a lot better. One time I curbed my wheels badly on purpose.

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My buddy at work has a 2005 Mustang GT, it's bad as f**k, he just put an $1100 exhaust on it yesterday. When he tells me to work faster I just joke on my own car and say I can only work at Honda speed.

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My buddy at work has a 2005 Mustang GT, it's bad as f**k, he just put an $1100 exhaust on it yesterday. When he tells me to work faster I just joke on my own car and say I can only work at Honda speed.
Don't you work at little ceasars?

cvnig89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get a gun...or you can brush it off, its pretty much standard to get made fun of for doing anything to a honda

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"your girlfriend liked the backseats" shrug, walk away.

If they keep on about it...keep coming up with things to say.... like...

"yea and im still boning your girlfriend in the backseat."

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
...Well, besides maybe his dream of winning the lottery, getting a monster truck and running over my Civic (he says he'd get me a new one, but I don't want a new one).
that's exactly what my buddy said to me!! he wants to run over my car with a monster truck hummer and buy me an s2000 when he wins the lottery :rolf:

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have a hood scoop, BIG wing, AND my car is loud... I never get called a ricer though :what:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you just get called gay

:slapslap:

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP