Is it me or.......

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What really made CC click was the fact that we USED to be able to say whatever we wanted without worrying that it would hurt someones feelings. We can't even have a "you know what pisses me off" thread without someone clicking away at the report button 246160715 times a minute. It's just... the forum has grown but the maturity of the people and their ability to handle topics depreciated slowly. All the OG members remember a time where we can have a thread that started at 3pm grow up to 20+ pages by 4:20pm ;)

Sigh... good ol' CC... I still find myself here all the time, I liked it alot... I've been on this site for an extremely long time (I don't even remember being as committed to anything else in real life as this website)... like four or five years now.
f**king :word:
Nowadays everyone's supposed to play grab-ass with each other or risk getting banned. :thumbdown

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It used to be different yeah, but like it was said it's still the best forum I post on or know of. The layout is a lot better than any other forums I've seen and even though drama can start pretty easy I still like it.

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
It used to be different yeah, but like it was said it's still the best forum I post on or know of. The layout is a lot better than any other forums I've seen and even though drama can start pretty easy I still like it.
Well said.

I miss how we used to have a little more going on, newer threads more often.. blah blah. But i still find myself here more than any other forum. :thumbs up

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i agree it was more active in the past and we could say more, but it was a f**k of a lot more hostile and dramatic, too. so, we lost good things, but bad things, too.

i do wish it were as fast as it was before, though. what the bloody f**k happened to the night crew? this place is near dead at night now. :thumbdown:

and shinsen, learn to freaking count. :lol: four or five years? your join date says august 2004. :shock:

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u know what pisses me off...not having a pissed off thread :evil:

:Raza:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
less active .... MAYBE.. but with that said the site statistics actually put new member enrollment higher last month than its been in a LONG time.. YES the site was more "active" a while back... but this activity was not how to threads... or car discussion.. it was endless pages of arguing (mostly at least) and bullshit... "you fail at life" "your rims are gay you f**king ricer"... it was a LOT of e-arguing and e-drama.. that s**t doesnt help anyone learn.. all it does is promote negativity... this IS a community.. but its primary function is a honda site.. and thats something it still is.. a honda site. people say they miss being able to "say whatever they want", and to that i say.. you can still say whatever you want.. you can tell someone you dont like what they are doing with their car.. you just cant call them names.. you dont need to be rude to express your view..

i mean if club civic is a shitty place to you because you CAN say "yeah i dont really like your car.. i think the rim choice was really poor", but CAN'T say "get rid of the 17s you f**king ricer.. your car is a piece of s**t just like you are for owning it" then i dont know what to tell you.. we just expect a certain amount of maturity, and respect towards other members..

it IS also (imo) slightly slower because sites normally are in the summer...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've been here for a hell of a long time and have seen this site go through many phases. I do have to say I agree with the majority here. It's just not the same as it used to be. I think the biggest thing that I miss about this site is how close-knit it used to be. I used to feel like I actually personally knew the members on here.

Some of you OGs remember, I used to start threads talking about some pretty personal stuff and asking questions that I would have been embarassed to ask elsewhere. Hell, every now and then an OG on here will still asks me if I'm holding onto that V card still. :lol:

I'm not sure what it is that happened, but I just don't feel like we're as close as a community anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm still on here everyday and more than any other website... but it's not quite the same CC as it was a couple years back.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Here's a perfect example of what everyone was talking about. I posted 40 minutes ago, and nobody has replied yet. In the old CC, I would have refreshed a few times and there would have been a response within 5 minutes.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been here for a hell of a long time and have seen this site go through many phases. I do have to say I agree with the majority here. It's just not the same as it used to be. I think the biggest thing that I miss about this site is how close-knit it used to be. I used to feel like I actually personally knew the members on here.

Some of you OGs remember, I used to start threads talking about some pretty personal stuff and asking questions that I would have been embarassed to ask elsewhere. Hell, every now and then an OG on here will still asks me if I'm holding onto that V card still. :lol:

I'm not sure what it is that happened, but I just don't feel like we're as close as a community anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm still on here everyday and more than any other website... but it's not quite the same CC as it was a couple years back.
Alot of "og" members moved away from hondas... a LOT of the members who used to "hang in the lounge" didnt even own hondas.. SO when we went to trying to get rid of the drama unfortunately a lot of the "og" members followed that, and moved on.. hondas are generally a stepping stone to other cars for a LOT of people.. so there are like generations.. you join.. and know everyone.. and then people move onto dif cars.. some stay.. most dont.. so the people involved in a site will change with time.. imo

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I agree anthony. It's inevitable that we will lose members. And it's obvious that members make a forum what it is.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it was endless pages of arguing (mostly at least) and bullshit... "you fail at life" "your rims are gay you f**king ricer"... it was a LOT of e-arguing and e-drama.. that s**t doesnt help anyone learn.. all it does is promote negativity... this IS a community..
naw naw naw man, it WAS a community back then, we were just f**kin around with each other. go look through the night crew thread sometime. seriously it was only until the new people came in with their e-feelings that calling someone a cum sucking d**k eater hurt their wittle feewings.

plus nowadays i dont have jezek to follow around and make gay jokes about and well i;m plain tired of telling people to use the search button. other than that, nothing has really changed much in the import world i mean its still on the "everyone make your car look stock, but jdm stock..." look. i mean imo most of the people on the site are just going with the majority vote look.

anyways the old members were a family and then the new people came and bitched CC into what it is.

Vicious

1st gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree it's changed................like joe said the # of regular members was alot larger than it is now. all the OG's didn't have s**t to do so we all just sat on our asses when at home or work and post on CC. threads would be posted in atleast 10mins no matter the topic. and imo the threads and info was better back then. now it's all threads in which the search feature wasn't consulted and just a bunch of bull imho. but i occasionally get on here just to check out the lounge and every now and then go to the gen specific areas and answer some of the questions, well more like answer the question since it's a good chance that 5 of the threads deal with the same thing. :lol: i remember when everyone tried to be itn eh VIP section just to figure out it sucked more than the lounge except with boobies every now and then lol

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
naw naw naw man, it WAS a community back then, we were just f**kin around with each other. go look through the night crew thread sometime. seriously it was only until the new people came in with their e-feelings that calling someone a cum sucking d**k eater hurt their wittle feewings.

plus nowadays i dont have jezek to follow around and make gay jokes about and well i;m plain tired of telling people to use the search button. other than that, nothing has really changed much in the import world i mean its still on the "everyone make your car look stock, but jdm stock..." look. i mean imo most of the people on the site are just going with the majority vote look.

anyways the old members were a family and then the new people came and bitched CC into what it is.
the problem was that the little groups who would kid with one another would escalate past that.. i think its funny that you are telling me as if i dont know.. SOME of it WAS friends, but my full inbox disputes that it was ALL friends.. i had TONS of pm messages EVERY day stating as to how someone f**ked someones thread up.. it was constant.. arguing bickering.. and as i said before.. that is NOT what this site is about.. i never had problems with the s**t that was said kidding to one another.. the problem was when the edrama spilled through the whole site and had effect on the end user experience... i think its strange that NO ONE remembers the drama...

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the problem was that the little groups who would kid with one another would escalate past that.. i think its funny that you are telling me as if i dont know.. SOME of it WAS friends, but my full inbox disputes that it was ALL friends.. i had TONS of pm messages EVERY day stating as to how someone f**ked someones thread up.. it was constant.. arguing bickering.. and as i said before.. that is NOT what this site is about.. i never had problems with the s**t that was said kidding to one another.. the problem was when the edrama spilled through the whole site and had effect on the end user experience... i think its strange that NO ONE remembers the drama...
i know you know about it, you were part of it at one point :D. i;m just saying that was how we all were. nothing anyone said to me hurt my feelings, its the f**king internet. coming to the net alone means you;re gonna get your e feelings crushed. its just a matter of time, but the whole one person complaining then the other one pm;ing a mod is kinda how it got outta control i think that vip or something should just not be moderated to a point, i mean like nothing tooo illegal, but if someone really hates someone else they can just not start conflicts. bleh. i remember the drama but i also remember the old community. not everything about cc is the best its ever been.

note: this is for lounge and vip stuff only, if they start crap in tech threads they should just have their posts deleted, but some of the people who make threads in there whine way too much. yup.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know you know about it, you were part of it at one point :D. i;m just saying that was how we all were. nothing anyone said to me hurt my feelings, its the f**king internet. coming to the net alone means you;re gonna get your e feelings crushed. its just a matter of time, but the whole one person complaining then the other one pm;ing a mod is kinda how it got outta control i think that vip or something should just not be moderated to a point, i mean like nothing tooo illegal, but if someone really hates someone else they can just not start conflicts. bleh. i remember the drama but i also remember the old community. not everything about cc is the best its ever been.

note: this is for lounge and vip stuff only, if they start crap in tech threads they should just have their posts deleted, but some of the people who make threads in there whine way too much. yup.
that WAS the problem...

off topic.. aka the lounge was generally not modded.. its still generally not modded.. BUT that doesnt mean that its ok to be an a*****e to someone.. theres just no reason for it.. and it creates bad blood.. it would be nice if what happened in the off topic sections stayed there but it doesnt.. people start to dislike one another and then it spills into the other areas of the site.. and that was really what started the whole crackdown.. the reason that we elliminated the arguing and s**t was NOT to promote world peace.. the reason was that people were getting angry and bitter at one another.. and THEN when they would post in other areas of the site those ill feelings would shine through.. we KNOW and UNDERSTAND that not everyone will get along the problem is when people bad feelings turn several threads to s**t..