Is JDM the new Rice?

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im a chubby white kid with a ed sedan and a home made cf hood does that make me a ricer?

ryantrevors

5+ Year Member
im a chubby white kid with a ed sedan and a home made cf hood does that make me a ricer?
i apologize. i stereotyped chubby white kids as natural-born rice.

but more often than not. the obnoxious coffee-canned primer civics i see are driven by that exact same kid.
backwards hat, popped collar polo-shirt, one hand on the steering wheel like a f**king badass.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there's always going to be people who will latch on to a trend or allow thier poor sence of style cloud their judment when buying car parts. Like the other day I saw a stock mid 90's Dodge Avenger with a wing. i just laughed a little and thought about a few parking bench jokes and went about my way. car guys have always been car guys and a real car guy can appreciate when any ride has been done right no matter what the influence. I'm not a huge fan of "euro"'s but sometimes the right design hits the right car and bam...magic. anyway trends come and go...the love for the road never dies my friend.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i apologize. i stereotyped chubby white kids as natural-born rice.

but more often than not. the obnoxious coffee-canned primer civics i see are driven by that exact same kid.
backwards hat, popped collar polo-shirt, one hand on the steering wheel like a f**king badass.
I wear my hats tilt to the side and pop my collar. So STFU noob

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So? I am up to date. You on the other hand are letting life pass you by and bitching about Japaneses domestic market parts because I guess your to cheap to buy them. Go on ebay and get some knock-off's and feel good about yourself. Because most of us buy those -spec parts because the Japanese are years a head of our domestic market. So their technology provides better parts. More research goes into it.

edit: what the f**k is a EF? A EF is a f**king japanese hatch you tard.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I want my hair like that

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you're just taking way longer than everyone else to grow out of that trend too.
I'm 22 and I still pop my s**t...does that mean that I'm still a kid too and I haven't grown out of it either? Dude how old are you? You have 72 post, and most of them are probably in this threar here. I think that you're jealous of what you've seen on you JDM drift movies and watching your fast and furious movies.

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
JDM why do you care in the first place if a kid wants to rock body kits let him rock it! , i don’t understand why some people get so upset when they are called ricers WE ARE ALL RICERS why? even if you have every thing in your OEM from Japan you still drive a import If am not mistaken WE all have gone thru a point in our life’s when we liked body kits , neon, stickers .... if you haven’t, then you haven’t been in the game long enough

Thinks bout it this way You cant show up to work , with a civic with a fart can and neons all over the car .. is just not professional.. especially if you work at a office environment with older co-workers

All of the ricers from 96, 95, 99 are all grown mofos of course the don’t want to be seen in a car like that OEM blends in a lot better

SO YEAH JDM NEW RICE and its STICKY&white fk the fried rices BS

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:word:

this is all a matter of personal opinion; expressing your individuality.
x2

Everybody is different, and it would be f**king boring to see civics with just a drop, lips, sidemarkers and fogs( although my car is like that=)) but that is what makes it interesting, a variaty of cars. You can either say, "there's a civic with neons, huge wing, and a fart can exhaust" or "oh, that car look is JDM like the other 64651324846546 civic I've seen"

It's your own opinion.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a aftermarket tach.. a real racing tach.. will show your rpm's more precisely than a stock tach. that is the purpose of a 5inch tach.. but in the situation of homie dog up that wouldnt be either rice or jdm.. unless you concider that little circle thing around your fog lights areodynamics.. lol.. j/k btw what the hell is that..

and what do you use your car for?

that is another thing people dont realize why are you going to have a 30lb boosted honda to drive from home to work everyday.. it's retarded.. get you a beater and drive that.. take the good s**t to the track :D
i used it to get me to and from wherever im going.. i used to race the car pretty often.. not too much anymore.. once the nitrous is set back up and rejetted i may take it to the track.. i wanted a shift light.. and i COULD have gotten it to work with the stock tach.. but i liek the autometer unit just fine..

oh, yeah.. thats rice for sure.

.... JK, looks good. is that a 1.6 or 1.8?
b18c1 1.8L with nitrous..

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you're just taking way longer than everyone else to grow out of that trend too.
i think i see way more people will tilted flat brim hats then i do normal hats with a curved brim on straight...

and what i'd like to know is why those few people on the first or second page say "yeh..ill rev to that"..you guys are badass

i wanted to punch each of you in the face for saying that lmao:lol:

ryanM

my car is rice, dropped on rims, and in a few months i'll be driving around without a front bumper!

can we not argue the rice thing? yes, jdm is the new rice, and yes, its also going to go out of style, i predict it to happen soon.

my car will have a body kit, most likely 18" rims (maybe only in the back) and if i feel i have the aero to pull off a GT wing, i'm going to get one of those too, but not a pos apc one, a real one.