Is JDM the new Rice?

PICKLED

El mero mero Aguacatero
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think i see way more people will tilted flat brim hats then i do normal hats with a curved brim on straight...

and what i'd like to know is why those few people on the first or second page say "yeh..ill rev to that"..you guys are badass

i wanted to punch each of you in the face for saying that lmao:lol:
i'll rev to that

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'll rev to that
OT but what's with this new saying i keep seeing? Reminds me of those f**ktards who Rev their motor in bumper to bumper traffic.

Is that some sort of Rice-slang? What's next?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
god damn dude.
hopefully it will run well.. JUST put the swap in..

i guess what it really comes down to is rice is subjective.. to me.. rice is just s**t done in a poor cheap way.. you can have a nice show car... you can have a nice race type car.. or even a nice jdm themed car.. providing it is done well in good taste.. to me at least.. and in that regard i will never view TRUE jdm themed cars as being rice...

the circle thing on my bumper is a tow hook... its very hard to get to my front factory tow points so that hook makes the car easier to tow.. in fact we JUST flatbeded the car recently and it was a HUGE plus having that hook there.. not rice.. function..

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
OT but what's with this new saying i keep seeing? Reminds me of those f**ktards who Rev their motor in bumper to bumper traffic.

Is that some sort of Rice-slang? What's next?
it reminds me of a f**ktard in general

ryantrevors

5+ Year Member
sorry if i offended anyone. this wasnt supposed to be a thread where everyone talks s**t about eachother. and so what if i have 72 posts. sorry i didnt start coming on CC before a week ago. does that mean im not as cool as you? or what? do you like civics more because you come on here more and take it seriously when the only reason i come on this forum is to learn?

im not a ricer. i never have been. i stay away from trends. and i like to be different.

"i'll rev to that" was supposed to sound retarded. i said it to sound dumb. the real idiot is whoever thought i was serious and said it after i did.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Have fun trying to be "different' In the culture we know as the "Honda Civic". :thumbs up

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea, why own a civic if your trying to be different.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry if i offended anyone. this wasnt supposed to be a thread where everyone talks s**t about eachother. and so what if i have 72 posts. sorry i didnt start coming on CC before a week ago. does that mean im not as cool as you? or what? do you like civics more because you come on here more and take it seriously when the only reason i come on this forum is to learn?

im not a ricer. i never have been. i stay away from trends. and i like to be different.

"i'll rev to that" was supposed to sound retarded. i said it to sound dumb. the real idiot is whoever thought i was serious and said it after i did.
That heal-toe's me sideways what can I say :???:

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
because everyone and their grandmother's owns a civic. Plus usually everything done with taste has been done over many times.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you asked why, and I told you. I don't care to be original. Quit trying to start arguments.

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
here is how some people see it:
rice = bodykits , big wings,bright colored paint jobs, and neons
jdm = lips, colored wheels, odd colored paint jobs (bold colors), and parts that look like oem parts but more pricey
drift = turbos, CERTAIN stickers (for example: rays, tein, tanabe, advan) , staggered wheels,and no front bumper

another group of people may say:
rice = mods done without taste
jdm = mods done with taste
drift = replacing tires every 2 weeks

some may agree with me while another group may not. it all depends on what you think. I GIVE SOME RICERS CREDIT for not catching on to the 'jdm trend'. i can admit that if every1 listened to every1 elses advice all of our cars would look the same. on the road ive mistaken other cars for my friends cars bc they look exactly alike with the exception of a different exhaust tone. l liked different colored rims since the ricer age, it was a coincidence that rota made gold wheels that i liked. my car is silver with a si lip and 'JDM fogs'. yea it looks nice but then their are the people who go "you should paint it black" or "it would look better in EBP or red" i like variety. i say jdm can also be done without taste when you see one guy copy the look of another car bc he cant find his own style. and copy it part for part. THAT is why jdm is getting a bad name. "oh you're white car looks fresh with black slips? damn im gunna do that on mine". any1 remember when people refused to buy flat black rims bc they looked like steelies when driving? what happend to that idea. at one point black rims with polished lips passed but suddenly became rice.

im not going to say my opinion of what i think is "rice" or "jdm". im just expressing what i see.

edit: i dont blame the people who would rather dish out that extra money for advan rims or other wheels. they dont wanna be copied.

madhatter256

5+ Year Member
You guys are missing something that has yet to be mentioned.

Fast and the Furious didn't make JDM as popular and common as it is. It was Gran Turismo. Every kid and his cousin has a PSX and either Gran Turismo 1 or 2 and that is what got a lot of people (including me) into modifying their cars.

Remember the "Vinyl adds horse power" ads? Those were hilarious.

I like the civic because it is small, looks nice (the 5th generation IMO is my favorite), and it is very nimble, which is great for cutting people off in traffic and getting ahead.

All in all, Civics can be still be stolen with a 8-12inch flat head screw driver. So, nothing has changed.