Just bought a 1993 Hatch yesterday :D

cyclefreak207

Hey everyone,

I just sold my 1973 Chevrolet SS Nova as it only got 8 mpg, and kept costing me money.

Then I bought the red beast :p

It's a 1993 Honda Civic EG, 158k on the body, and around 80k on the motor/trans.

Quick specs (what I know):

JDM B16a motor,
JDM ECU,
5 speed tranny,
Greddy Headers,
HKS Hi Power exhaust,
Bigger fuel rail,
Specter intake,
Skunk2 Test pipe,
GSR leather seats, (Now LS cloth seats, I hate leather)
Pioneer head unit,
Club RSX shift knob,
CF duckbill wing,
Stock front lip, (Now gone due to curb-checkage)
Supposedly legit JDM Headlights,
Kyowa Racing rims: 17", (Now 14" steelies)
Kumho Ecsta tires, (Now Falkens, on steelies)
Discs in front,
Drums in back,
Original Milano Red paint,
Stage 2 clutch,
Tein lowering springs, (Now H&R's)

uhhh.. can't really remember much else off the top of my head, but I really like it, and the fact that it's quick and fun to drive while getting around 30 mpg makes it that much better :D

A friend of mine who has a 370z took some good pictures of it tonight, so I should have those to share tomorrow, but until then, these are the only three I have:

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow. Looks good man! Keep it clean! Pics are a litle small, but I would just get some smaller rims (they look big in the pics anyways).

But nice pickup!

cyclefreak207

thanks man, I only paid 4 g's for it.

The guy I bought it from is a mechanic and has built 11 different EG's in the last 8 years.

And I plan on going to a smaller wheel, they rub a little bit and it's kind of annoying...

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sweet pick up ... post pics of the nova too if you have some

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
it does look clean im kinda digging the wheel look better if they were smaller i also would like to see the nova

Nebster66

yesSIR-S
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First off, :welcome:
Nice find! Yeah smaller rims would definitely drop it a bit more! :cool:

gunny704

For 4g's that seems like at steal! and that engine looks clean as f**k! and I understand how you felt about the Nova's gas mileage. I have a 1970 C10 chevy pick up and it gets 12 mpg!

civiceater

i dont care how many mpg the nova gets, i wouldnt sell that!!! haha how much did you sell it for? american muscle is always where its at ;)

cyclefreak207

For 4g's that seems like at steal! and that engine looks clean as f**k! and I understand how you felt about the Nova's gas mileage. I have a 1970 C10 chevy pick up and it gets 12 mpg!
and being a college kid, I can't afford it. but to answer the other questions:

I paid $1400 for the Nova, Sold it for $4000, had about $5200 total invested, So i lost some...

But i blame the clean swap on the guy I bought it from, he's built like 11 different hatches in the last 8 years.

I appreciate everyones nice comments :D

Last edited:

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
clean looking car you got there op

cyclefreak207

Thanks everyone, I'm soooo happy with it! It handles great, rides smooth, so much fun to drive and doesn't empty my wallet every time I go to the gas station,

I should have bought a civic a long time ago! I wish someone told me lol ;)

cyclefreak207

Just got ahold of those pictures we took the other night, so as soon as slow ass photobucket finishes uploading them i'll post them up :D

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Clean civic, waiting on the new pics... definitely will look better once you get smaller rims