Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hatch_of_doom.

anyone remember 'em?

cyclefreak207

Sick hatch!! Dang those HID's put out a lot of glare.. Makes me worried now because i ordered a set a few days back..

Any pics of car after the incident?
There was no body daamage other than tearing my lip off, it just f**ked my front suspension up.

But if anyone has any idea, all of a sudden. My steering wheel got a lot of play in it, like it turns some before it actually moves my wheels, and after I make a turn it never comes back to the same position, comes back sideways, diagonal, upside down... And I have no idea where to begin. Thanks guys.

cyclefreak207

Okay, nevermind, took a quick look after work and discovered that the two bolts that hold the steering rack in place had either, become loose and fallen out... or, when i took it to get my alignment they took those bitches off or loosened them or something, because they weren't stripped out and the threads where the bolt goes wasn't stripped at all. so now, i'm not really sure what i want to do...

besides make my hood close, and adjusting my headlights and s**t so i don't have awkward gap

Started a new job at doggie wonderland, so now that i'm makin paper, I wanna get:

JDM foggies
Rims (obviously)
New suspension.

Then later on i'm thinkin a carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber hatch, and the AIT carbon fiber roof layover. I figure i've already got the Duckbill, gotta get everything else to match ;)

slwrthnu

Car Ramrod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Clean! I wish everyone up here in the north east didn't want like 7 grand for what you got. I picked up my hatch for cheap but prices are dumb up here now

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont care how many mpg the nova gets, i wouldnt sell that!!! haha how much did you sell it for? american muscle is always where its at ;)
why are you on a civic forum then? your name is civic eater. you have a monte carlo, gtfo.

cyclefreak207

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiceater
i dont care how many mpg the nova gets, i wouldnt sell that!!! haha how much did you sell it for? american muscle is always where its at
why are you on a civic forum then? your name is civic eater. you have a monte carlo, gtfo..
I don't think anyone actually listens when I tell them why I sold my nova.... I didn't have a daily driver. I needed something that had better than 8mpg to drive back and forth to school and work.

So before you say, "oh i don't care, i still would have kept it,"

Let me assure you, you wouldn't have kept it, with no other DD, work was slow, going back to school, constantly having to put money into it. Sold it for 4000, bought my civic for 4000. perfect.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
car looks great. i would ditch the 17" rims for some 15" ones

cyclefreak207

the 17's have been gone, I'm rollin on some 14 in. steelies, but I was thinkin 15's, most of the honda guys i know have 15's, is there a gain with a 16 over a 15 with probably a 205/50/15 brandon? if anyone wants to photoshop me some different wheels onto a pic of my car i would be grateful, just to see what i like best... Thanks :D

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the 17's have been gone, I'm rollin on some 14 in. steelies, but I was thinkin 15's, most of the honda guys i know have 15's, is there a gain with a 16 over a 15 with probably a 205/50/15 brandon? if anyone wants to photoshop me some different wheels onto a pic of my car i would be grateful, just to see what i like best... Thanks :D
There is a difference, but it mostly i looks. The other difference can be lowering your car too much on a larger wheel/tire combo. There isn't really too much of a gain either way, just more so looks. Like you can tuck 16s more without scraping your ride on the street. But like I said between a one inch difference in 15 and 16 it doesnt really matter tooooo much. Most of it is just pure opinion, and I like eg's on 16's not so much 15's.

Try this thread about tire size and wheel size:

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=84696&highlight=205/40/16

I hope this helps.

cyclefreak207

thanks brandon, that's very useful, however, i think i like the look of the 15's better, and i don't really plan on slamming the car lol. it's dropped about 2 inches in the front and rear, so i think i can keep my scrape-age to a minimum lol.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey, all the power to you.:thumbs up Everyone has their own style haha.

cyclefreak207

I like how you suggest, you don't tell others what to do with their car, that pisses me off more than anything, when someone tries to tell you what to do to YOUR car, but i might end up going with a 16 after all... with a slightly thicker tire. I found a DME kit online for around 5 bills that comes with coilover sleeves, front and rear upper strut bars, annodized rear lcas, front/rear camber kit, and i believe a lower bar...

So I might end up lowering my car more if I got that kit, and teh extra inch of wheel would benefit the clearance.

cyclefreak207

Quick update, I swapped my Tein lowering springs for some H&R's my friend had, and lowered the car around an inch all the way around... so I'm at around 2.7 inches in the back and 2.8 in the front. Looks much cleaner, now I really want to get mudflaps, and when I get paid might be buying the parts for a rear disc conversion from my buddy for 200$ in great condition.

cyclefreak207

Since I hate leather, I swapped the GSR's with some Cloth seats from an LS. I'll be sure to post pics tomorrow when i get off work.

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Clean engine. Just like some people said, "smaller wheels." But personally up to you