Just wanted some opinions on my wire tuck

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
The best wire tuck I've seen was on a 5th gen coupe it could've been a hatch but it was gutted interior with bride seats, fully built ITB'd b series with custom painted car/bay the dudes name was Pham I believe and the car was green with like goldish silver stars placed on it, I'll try to find it.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
D-series= Cheap.
yea, but that doesn't mean you have to be lazy and not care about how everything is set up.

maybe its pride. i take a huge amount of pride in my cars, and i know Scott takes a lot of pride in this CR-X.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i take pride also. but does it REALLY matter how the engine bay looks, im not in it for show.

is this really a big deal that you have to keep going on and on about me not having tucked engine bays??

EF Honda EF

its not that yours isnt tucked, its that it is so ugly and just the fact that you dont care. i am not one of those show guys either, i just like the car i drive down the road to look nice and catch peoples eyes in a good way and when i pop my hood it is simple and nice.im sure if you were to clean up your engine bay and make everything look nice and went to a respectible shop who has no clue who you are and pop your hood and they say WOW, your mind set would be completly different.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that silver hatch with the h22 on the blades is f**kin SICK!

anyways .... im not into the wire tuck cause i use all that s**t thats in there .... like the cruise.

EF Honda EF

that silver hatch with the h22 on the blades is f**kin SICK!

anyways .... im not into the wire tuck cause i use all that s**t thats in there .... like the cruise.
a wire tuck means you "tuck" the things in your engine bay. as in you hide it. so you still have all teh stuff it is just hidden. so you would hide the cruise control under the dash or in the fender well.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the fender well sounds like the worse idea ever .... lets have the cruise fill up with water when it rains

EF Honda EF

the fender well sounds like the worse idea ever .... lets have the cruise fill up with water when it rains
that is why they put splash gaurds in the wheel wells. you take them out, do your tuck then put them back in. Or just put it under the dash

wikdcivic26

5+ Year Member
damn bro ..looks clean...for me...its hard to find a descent and cheap dohc engine..seems the long time paid off..

EF Honda EF

I got some mint si carpet from the jessup crazy rays today. I also got a clock, A pilar, si window visor with the mirror, some si door panals, and the last two pieces of trim i needed for the fenders. my interior went from ugly to super clean. Some last things i need to complete the exterior and interior is a pass mirror and speaker cover, some speakers, and some wheels.oh yea. you can see my key on top of the dash(the screw driver), screw theives. The ignition kit is 200 bucks and i need to buy college books so i am still saving to get the little things. Check it=

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was the one who cut that carpet by the ebrake cables:D
when i took the whole rear disk off
i have a clock sitting in my yard for a 88-91. could have had it for free.

EF Honda EF

haha. yea, kyle mentioned something about you getting a real clean pass si seat from the jessup crazy rays when we found this car. the carpet was in great shape besides the cut you gave it. i got the clock for free anyway. that car has been there for a while. I am surprised how much of a difference my interior is with carpet. i wasnt planning on using carpet until today. how come you didnt take the door panels. they were in great shape?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha. yea, kyle mentioned something about you getting a real clean pass si seat from the jessup crazy rays when we found this car. the carpet was in great shape besides the cut you gave it. i got the clock for free anyway. that car has been there for a while. I am surprised how much of a difference my interior is with carpet. i wasnt planning on using carpet until today. how come you didnt take the door panels. they were in great shape?
we sat on the door pannel taking the rear disk off, they were tore up.. plus i didnt need door panels, i dont care if they say CRX or not.

i got what i needed from it, rear disk, and pass seat.

the car as only been there for about 2 to 3 weeks.
i was surprised the rear disk and seat were still there. dash was torn out.

most of my interior is in excellent shape anyway.
pics of the seat found
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=105433&page=14

Last edited:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
also from some of the wire tucks ive seen, wires were cut, i dont want to have to cut anymore wire then absolutely needed.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there is quite a bit of cutting and soldering involved.
thats what i dont want to do.

cutting and soldering wires just for apperence, when there is nothing wrong with how it is(other then not as clean as a tuck)

dont get me wrong, if i had some help maybe i would do it, i think my 5th gen has a semi tuck, not really sure

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats what i dont want to do.

cutting and soldering wires just for apperence, when there is nothing wrong with how it is(other then not as clean as a tuck)

dont get me wrong, if i had some help maybe i would do it, i think my 5th gen has a semi tuck, not really sure
5th gens arent as bad as 4th gens i think, you could do that car for practice.

EF Honda EF

we sat on the door pannel taking the rear disk off, they were tore up.. plus i didnt need door panels, i dont care if they say CRX or not.

i got what i needed from it, rear disk, and pass seat.

the car as only been there for about 2 to 3 weeks.
i was surprised the rear disk and seat were still there. dash was torn out.

most of my interior is in excellent shape anyway.
pics of the seat found
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=105433&page=14
its weird how that seat was so nice but the drivers seat was destroyed. the door panels were in good shape. i cleaned them up real nice but havent put them in. i dont care too much about the crx, its just the cloth part i really like, the panels do have some cuts but they are better than the ones i have.