Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pineapples said:
Blahman240 said:
For all the n00b's, K20A3 would be best for turbo applications. Where as K20A and K20A2 is best for all motor set ups.
But turbo can only push your engine so far. 160hp engine with turbo probably can't beat 220hp engine without turbo... can it?
No... not if they're runing the same turbo, and the sames PSI... But the 220hp engine can't hold boost as well as the 160hp engine. High compression is a bad thing.

jdmcivic01

5+ Year Member
i heard ppl are having problem with the K20a3 being turbo charged there running way too rich

03HCE

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why would you have to convert from 4 lug to 5 lug when swapping for the K20 engines?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
03HCE said:
Why would you have to convert from 4 lug to 5 lug when swapping for the K20 engines?
you don't have to. You need new axles.. and you can either get the Si axles.. or you can get the whole RSX assembly.. axles,knuckles hubs... If you get the RSX assembly then you convert to 5.. if not then you stick with 4

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In my opinion, yes.

Mistro

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm I guess We'll soon have to add the Z3 into this list ;)

Suede

Divisione
5+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
In my opinion, yes.
whats a cheaper all motor engine i could get also... becasue i dont know how much the k20a is, im pretty sure its very expensive. GSR motor perhaps?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No.. GSR motor is a b series.... not easily swappable. K20A2 would probably be your second best bet..... Either that or the K24 to get a little more torque.

jdmcivic01

5+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
For all the n00b's, K20A3 would be best for turbo applications. Where as K20A and K20A2 is best for all motor set ups.

Although, with the K20A3, you can use A and A2 parts to get up to par with K20A2's... but compression is one thing you need to watch out for.

did you ride the short bus today. because you need to do more research because your more of a noob

jdmcivic01

5+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:

Although, with the K20A3, you can use A and A2 parts to get up to par with K20A2's... but compression is one thing you need to watch out for.
K20a has the highest compression out of all of the K-series you seriously need to do some research

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
he never said anything about the K20a not being the highest compression. You need to pay more attention before you flame somebody next time.

Realize that flaming IS against the rules.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've honestly never heard of the K20C........ but I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm about 90% sure that it would fit. It should be the same size as the other K's. and 11:1 isnt extremely high.. but it's certainly not low. If you plan on boosting it, I'd recommend you lower the compression..... but it'd probably make a good NA motor too.

Rubixcu7

Not Fittin In...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
No.. GSR motor is a b series.... not easily swappable. K20A2 would probably be your second best bet..... Either that or the K24 to get a little more torque.
a K swap is in no way shape or form easier than a B series swap, they have been doing b series swaps for over 10 years and k for what 3-4? the K swap still has bugs to work out man. IMO... boost a B16a or for all motor... b18c-r... b series parts are cheaper than k series parts and definately easier to get ur hands on

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rubixcu7 said:
a K swap is in no way shape or form easier than a B series swap, they have been doing b series swaps for over 10 years and k for what 3-4? the K swap still has bugs to work out man. IMO... boost a B16a or for all motor... b18c-r... b series parts are cheaper than k series parts and definately easier to get ur hands on
They've been swapping B's into 7th gens for 10 years? That's news to me.. from what I knew they've only been making 7th generation civics for 5. Interesting ;)

I think you misunderstood me. Maybe I wasnt clear that I was only referring to 7th generation civics. I apologize if that is the case. :D

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This thread is in the 7th gen forum and not Engine Tech so its pretty clear this thread is reffering to K swaps into 7th gens.