K00PA's "Barney Mobile" Build

K00PA

Registered VIP
My 1994 EJ2 Build Thread

Wudup CC! I've been a member on the board just never really got a chance to get any action, but I see alot of familiar faces, and also alot of nice builds as well. Anyway my name is Gerrod but everyone just calls me G for short. I been into Honda's since 2003, and Ive had quite a few of them. Up until my last build which was two years ago I sold my (EBP) EM1 and stayed away fron the scene for a bit. It kinda sucked for a while cause alot of local friends were asking would I eventually crank up another project again. Really didnt have any interest at heart until one day I got on one of our local boards (team5star.net) and I saw alot of inspiration and guess you could say I got bit again. So started searching on craigslist for a nice little EG shell cause I always wanted a hatch. Some how I stumbled across a nice 94 DX Civic Coupe and without thinking was already dialing the number, :lol: So eventually talked with the owner which happen to be an older lady and set up a date to meet her that following weekend even tho I had no intentions of waiting that long. Finally that weekend I called to see if she was still on for meeting me to check out the car and she gave me the magic word and went hauling way across town! I remember it like it was yesterday, cause it was in a advanced autoparts parking lot and it was 10:33 in the morning, and she finally pulled up in a Camellia Red Pearl coupe and I immediately fell in love. Anways to make a long story short, finally got the paper work done and headed straight to the courthouse and finalized everything and the car was finally registered and in my name. I parked at my grandmothers house for an entire week cause I had no space in the garage since I had parts and other things all over from my previous SI scattered everywhere, and all I could think about was getting it here cause I was so hot out and all I could think was damn that sun is just eating away at the paint. So for that entire week I was cleaning from top to bottom getting her ready for her new home and when I did I got straight down to business! Its been through a major change since then but Ill try and catch everyone up as fast as I can, so I hope you all dont mind me and some pics! :thumbs up

K00PA

Registered VIP
C. Red Pearl '94 EJ2-

Pics:

'08 (Fisrt Got Her Home!)

Said I wasn't gonna mod it but...
'09 (Got the itch!)

Dumped The s*** Out of It...
'10 ATB (All Team Bash) Meet

(Had to raise it up cause these...Texas Roads FTL!)

MODS

Motor:
-B16a3 (RIP) "New Motor Soon"
-mild wire tuck
-YOWAI-SS Cooling Plate
-neukin radiator/shroud/12" slimfan
-Benen Radiator Stay
-ITR over flow tank
-samco hose kit
-Vibrant &Hybrid Racing Clamps
-Perrin Open Cell Air Filter
-Go-Autoworks 3" Intake
-Go-Autoworks Steel Clutch Line
-Optima Yellow Top Battery
-CTR linkages
-3" Magnaflow Muffler
-3" K Teller Mandrel Exhaust
-WireWorx Ground Kit
-OEM CTR Oil Cap
-PasswordJDM Carbon Spark Plug Cover
-Spoon Sports Spark Plug Wires
-Spoon Sports Reservoir Covers
-Spoon Sports Radiator Cap
-Spoon Sports JDM P30
-Summit Racing Distributor Cap (Clear)
-Checkered Sports s2k CMC Spacer
-OMNI s2k Clutch Master Cylinder
-Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

Exterior:
-siR/Wing West Lip
-amber visions
-siR headlights
-PasswordJDM spoon mirrors
-OEM foglights
-OEM antenna delete
-OEM EK side skirts
-OEM Mud Guards (Ej1 Rears & Ek Fronts)
-OEM Gas Cap
-OEM Rotor Bolts
-Plate Relocator
-Cree LED Reverse Lights
-JLC License Plate LED's
-PWJDM Hood Risers
-EPR Tow Strap

Suspension:
-eibach pro shocks/ground control sleeves (12k Front)
-skunk2 Pro-S II coilovers (8k Rear)
-Buddy Club Front Alignment Kit
-Buddy Club Rear Alignment Kit
-Buddy Club Extended Ball Joints
-Prothane UCA Bushings
-Prothane Radius Arm Bushings
-Prothane/Energy Suspension LCA Bushings (Front)
-Energy Suspension Tie Rod Boots
-Energy Suspension Ball Joint Boots
-OEM Wheel Bearings (NTN)
-ARP Extended Studs
-Blackworks Racing Open End Lug Nuts (Neo-Chrome)
-PWJDM Drill & Slotted Rotors "Zinc Plated" (Front & Rear)
-Hawk Pads
-ASR rear subframe brace (Neo-Chrome)
-Beaks Lower Tie Bar
-Blackworks Racing LCA's
-195/45-15 Wanli s-1088
-Stop Tech Steel Braided Brake Lines (Front & Rear)
-HardRace RTA
-HardRace Rear Toe Kit
-New NTN Wheel and Hub Bearings
-OEM Hardware (New)

Wheels & Tires:
-OEM LS Mesh
-15x7 Mag 001's +34 offset
-15x8 Konig "Wideopen" +25 offset
-195/45r15 Wanli s-1088

Interior-
-Broadway Mirror (Blue Tinted Mirror)
-Nardi Twin Steering Wheel
-NRG Lock
-NRG 2.5 Quick Release
-NRG Short Hub
-Auto Goody Interior LED's
-OEM GSR shift knob
-OEM GSR cloth seats
-OEM EX Cluster
-OEM Black Carpet (Fresh)
-PWJDM Carbon Delete Tray
-K-Tuned Shifter
-Hybrid Racing Weighted Shift Knob
-Megan Racing C-Pillar Bar
-LED Conversion
-Pioneer Head Unit
-Jensen Speakers (Front)
-Sony X-Plod Speakers (Rear)
-DIY Black Rear Seats
-DIY Kill Switches
-DIY Amber Clock
-DIY Amber Cluster

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not too shabby...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

K00PA

Registered VIP
Thanks got alot of pics to upload, but I'll get there soon enough Lol

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Something about the turn signals?????????

They clash off the color of the car or something??????

Maybe its just the light

K00PA

Registered VIP
One of the first places I started was at the interior due to previous owner being a smoker and just plain wear and tear. Plus I just wanted to add my own touches and feel a bit more comfortable In the cock pit.

Here's A Couple Of Shots

Before:

Then Added The Black Carpet...

After:

Picked Up A Set Of Teg Seats Cause The 92-95 Civic Seats Are So Uncomfortable and A Wings West Lip, and IDK How But I Just Got Lucky Enough To Have Gotten Another Lip Due To Wings West By Mistake, Lol :thumbup:

K00PA

Registered VIP
Something about the turn signals?????????

They clash off the color of the car or something??????

Maybe its just the light
Those were the old smoked corners but they're long gone now have a rare set of visions now :thumbs up

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
welcome KOOPa glad to see you moved your build over here...you will see more attention than, honda-lounge.com

K00PA

Registered VIP
Kinda got tired of the D-series so I said before I get into the whole exterior modding wanted to get a better heart and all, so with that being said found a pretty nice deal through some kid that didnt have any clue on Honda's cause his EK was pretty much bought the way it was besides rims so I went ahead and talked him down from $1500 to 1k. I asked him before hand if he knew how to pull it out especially if I was gonna buy it cause I didnt want anything damaged. Unfortunately he didnt so I told him if I have to take it out Im only gonna give him $600 dollars for it! he said no that him and his dad would do it, so I left it at that. Later on that night he text me and said that if I could pull it out he would give it to me for $800 and i wasnt with that cause I was pretty firm on what I wanted to give give him plus the labor so with that being said, lets just say I walked away with a full swap for $600. Even took the trottle cable, lol even tho I already had one...

You Dont Feel Like Reading? Well Here's Pics

Cleaned the motor up cause it was mad dirty and nasty replace all the seals, gaskets, bought brand new IACV, FITV, PCV, Hoses, and etc. All I needed was mounts to drop it in and that was no issue, but I will say staying up for a full 48 hrs. prepping this thing and getting it running by the weekend was no joke! Im talking bout mad pizza boxes and monsters everywhere :lol:

K00PA

Registered VIP
Haha. You said cock...

Lol, sorry for the derogatory! Things get a little nasty sometimes

welcome KOOPa glad to see you moved your build over here...you will see more attention than, honda-lounge.com
Yea, forsure with the over exceeded traffic here, lol but I had plans on starting one a couple years ago but was just so caught up it ej1squad and never had a opportunity but just lurking the entire time but, def Ill catch everything up over here!

K00PA

Registered VIP
Lmbo, I know right! Thats why I should've just started it when I had the chance, but oh well

Did you ever workout your suspension issue?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, not feelin' the old corners. Nice start though!

K00PA

Registered VIP
At the time it was a bit crusty in the bay but didnt car cause I had to get it in cause needed to check for any bad signs and i ran into only two bad things water way o-ring was bad and an injector o-ring was leaking so me and a buddy of mind drove to honda and picked up all new ones! Good thing the dealership is 5 miles away from the house, lol

Warning! Dirty Bay:

My Black Ass Almost Got In The Picture, Lol

Farewell D15

Welcome B16

After we got it started we cleaned it out, did fuel injection service, oil, tranny, power steering flush and took it around the neighbor hood. Bad idea cause the hood was off the exhaust was barely connected but i made back home without being pulled over so tried to hurry home and park it before it started raining.

K00PA

Registered VIP
Yea, not feelin' the old corners. Nice start though!
At the time I really didnt have a choice cause the orginal stanley corners were cracked and i didnt want any water screwing up any electrical components, but that was 4 years ago so who cares now lol

K00PA

Registered VIP
Well after the swap was done I started focusing on pieces that were either broken or I just needed to simply be replaced. First thing first get rid of the goofy OEM mirrors cause they're to bulky and the passanger mirror was broken so everytime I hit anything at 60mph and above it stated flapping like fish, so bought a set of PWJDM carbon spoon mirrors to ease the pain and other little bits and pieces to my liking!

I eventually sold it right after I got it to pick up the new "Candy Edition" Beaks bar

Sold the baby typeR's for some mag01 wheels:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gettin better...

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
At the time I really didnt have a choice cause the orginal stanley corners were cracked and i didnt want any water screwing up any electrical components, but that was 4 years ago so who cares now lol
Sooooooooooo, what ones do you have now? I'm still seeing corners that aren't so hot.

And why didn't you clean the bay while the motor is out? It's simple and takes maybe 15 mins.