K00PA's "Barney Mobile" Build

K00PA

Registered VIP
More parts... (Oh and did I mention Im addicted to snapon tools?) lol

Also rebuilt the entire front end except for all new bushings but the worst had to be my tie rods cause I could literally feel my wheels shaking like a crazy man at 60+ mph and it started to eat my new tires like none other so I went on a rebuilt the whole entire rack. new seals, bearings, spring fittings, and etc...but check out these tie rods, lol Damn they look sooooo bad!

After I finished all of that, me and one of my techs stripped all of the limo tint off and threw it on the alignment rack and come to find out my toe was out -2 degrees and -3 on the passanger side, lol talk about retarded camber

Mounted the spoon wires on the clear cap for a test fit and damn I can say when those spoon wires bite, its very hard to pull them off!!

I had ordered the Bennen Bar from wek'sos, and they never shipped it out after two weeks, so I finally contacted Kenneth to what was the damn hold up and come to find out it had been put on back order. It kinda pissed me off too because after all that time he could've just told me way ahead of time because i emailed him prior to purchase date and never got a reply through contact stated! What really set fire to the whole ordeal is that he had the stainless bar in stock and told me for extra he could ship it out to me that day, and I was kinda like, "I waited all this time and you want me to pay extra for something I dont want?" Hell no! I could see if he would've gave it to me at the price I paid for the original one I purchased for especially for waiting so damn long, but just because he had one in-stock and then try to bump up the price on me more just because its stainless...Uhhh No! So I said to hell with wek'sos cause everytime Ive ordered from them I always have the worst of problems. So I found the same bar at N1 Concepts, just so happen they did the same thing instead of try to sell me something else...but atleast there communication was better and they refunded me the money back into my account right after. And from my knowledge coming from N1Concepts, Benen had it on back order the whole time so why didnt wek'sos tell me this a long time ago IDK, but to who ever maybe ordering from them, please take my advice and verify if they have the product instock before you spend your hard earned money cause they're very quick to take the money out of your account! No diss to wek'sos either but they just have poor customer service

K00PA

Registered VIP
Hiding out in the garage away from the ice...

At Import Face Off

K00PA

Registered VIP
One of my biggest things when building cars is suspension. I think its one of most overlooked sections of performance because you can have all the ponies in the world but with no stability and control how will you be able to handle or harness that power. Thats why i put so much into that area alone.

Anyhow I had the hardest time looking for a nice set of rotors and I couldn't decide cause there just so much to choose from. I previously had Stop Tech on my em1 but was strictly in the market for "Actual" drill and slotted zinc plated rotors and I only could narrow it down to the EBC and PW:JDM but the only thing was that the EBC rotors were dimpled and not "Actual" Slotted so I went ahead with the PW:JDM and was really amazed at the machine work done to them. So I have to say a great job with PW:JDM coming out with great products lately.

Oh no read and pics you like?

...and whats the point of rotors with no pads? ;) I had the EBC pads on my old car but they were noisey so I opted for these instead

K00PA

Registered VIP
The homie Robama from Vraceworks blessed me with some lug nuts to add to my neo chrome fetish and I picked up some studs at Velocityshop so I can try and finish on my front end...

I really like how my suspension is coming out so far and really satisfied with my vision =)

Guys go checkout (VraceWorks NYC)

K00PA

Registered VIP
I want to see the clear cap on and can i get those lug nuts off of ya lol
Im getting the cap Gold plated cause have a great Idea for the valve cover and the silver is just simply isnt gonna go with the valve cover but soon as I get eveything in order you'll be seeing it here forsure!

IDK man I like my lug nuts they're light as can be... ;)

K00PA

Registered VIP
After driving around for about a month or two I started to hate the space in the wheel wells alot and the performance of the vehicle was crazy during bad weather conditions so I opted for a wider wheel but still keep it clean for daily purposes but nothing to crazy! My original plans were to find a nice set of Enkei RPF1 wheels but in gold but the waitng situation was ridiculous. They were literally on back order for 3 months and I just couldnt wait that long, so I kept scrolling down and stumbled across th Konig Wideopens. Wasnt what I wanted but I couldnt pass up the 15x8 with the +25 offest! The wheel specs were better in sizing then the RPF imo. As far as performance ehh...but overall exactly what I was looking for :thumbup:

Later on that week I took them up to the shop to balance them myself and man wheels including the tires didnt take much weight at all! The rears mated both under a .25 ounces and the front were off .50 and .75 but other than that, its actually not all that bad for a wheel thats not as light as the RPF1, TE37, or etc.

K00PA

Registered VIP
Lol how much were they im interested in how they are on the lugs
They're great! Its an extended acorn lugnut, and they look good paired to my wheels but havent mounted them cause I havent had a chance to go purchase some new rotor bolts from the dealer yet but will pretty soon ;)

K00PA

Registered VIP
Almost caught up but here's some more pics...

Anyhow after I got all the wheels balanced I got'em back home, rolled the fenderes just to be on the safe side. First I put them on the car to test fit them and with the little stretch it sat great with no rubbing what so ever, only thing was to adjust the ride height a tad bit in the rear and everything should be ok!

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
They're great! Its an extended acorn lugnut, and they look good paired to my wheels but havent mounted them cause I havent had a chance to go purchase some new rotor bolts from the dealer yet but will pretty soon ;)
Well hurry up i want to know how they sit with everything torqued down

K00PA

Registered VIP
Now that Im pretty much close I can pretty much start things with saying good bye to the old B16 and get things ready for a more fresh heart, still undecided what to go with at the point cause all of my friends are either K-swapped or K-series turbo. However I kinda wanted to stay in the odd ball lane as usual and due the total opposite instead of ride on the trendy bandwagon. Who knows though maybe there is room for something better but only time will tell with my mind...

In the mean while lets get things all cleaned and freshened up a bit

Time to break out the old Simple Green and get down to business...

K00PA

Registered VIP
Thankyou, didnt think they would compliment the car as well but they actually do, well better in person might I say!

K00PA

Registered VIP
Thanks to Raul at Checkered Sports for hooking it up, really great guy to do business with! :headbang:

Also Noticed The www.JDMdecals.com On The Back Of The Sticker, Lol ...Seems like everyones doing big things these days!

K00PA

Registered VIP
Grabbed one of these to add something different other than OEM bits to the K00P for a change. Havent installed it yet due to performing surgery on the chassis but it'll all be well in time! ;) Oh and definitely go like their page at: www.facebook.com/IPGparts if you already haven't :cool:

If You all need ten extra HP go like their page: www.facebook.com/IPGparts