K00PA's "Barney Mobile" Build

K00PA

Registered VIP
Man take a day off before u kill yourself.
I want to but its literally me and another tech at this huge shop all by ourselves, plus if I take off I wont have any money for parts :lol:

K00PA

Registered VIP
Snapped some pics this morning before I went to work...

Front LCA and Radius Arm Bracket Bushing's

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh man, I'm excited to see what else you've got!

Also, I know how that feels. My last company worked me into the ground, used me, and then canned me. I rode unemployment on them forever though haha.

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That much work everyday blows man, do you have at least 1 day off a week? Btw those caliper brackets look really nice, I wish I could powdercoat parts myself (or even have a cheap source to do it), I would coat like everything that could be lol.

Did you open the big box yet?

K00PA

Registered VIP
Oh man, I'm excited to see what else you've got!

Also, I know how that feels. My last company worked me into the ground, used me, and then canned me. I rode unemployment on them forever though haha.
lol, ill post sunday on my day off for sure!
That much work everyday blows man, do you have at least 1 day off a week? Btw those caliper brackets look really nice, I wish I could powdercoat parts myself (or even have a cheap source to do it), I would coat like everything that could be lol.

Did you open the big box yet?
no I honestly dont, my first day will be I cant wait!
My friend around the corner from me is a painter, and he always comes trades me free powder coating for alignments, or any other mechanical needs he has. So its cool I get the opportunity to Powder Coat my parts especially while I have this car :cool:

i'll be opening it sunday

K00PA

Registered VIP
Well I found out some info today that the Prothane bushings are a bit stiffer then Energy Suspension by 1.32, so I sold the front LCA bushing at the fork mounting point and ordered some Energy Suspension bushings for a bit more flex, so they should be here by saturday :headbang:

Anyway I went ahead and put the Prothane Radius Arm Bracket bushings in and also the front LCA bushings in at the subframe mounting point today so it'll be more stiffer in that area and man are they stout :thumbup:

Radius Arm

Ran them through the parts cleaner so I can get them powder coated as well but he was to busy to make it so, I said the hell with it and cleaned it as best as I could!

Pressing time! :D

So glad to get rid of all these old bushings, God knows how bad I had chassis roll :roll:

Out with the old in with the new...

Put up a fight but to bad Im gonna win today! ;)

Aaahh! So fresh...

...and heres the LCA & Bushings

Always make sure you lube up before you go in, Lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

These were fairly easy, I literally put them in with my own hands but the top one was a little tough, so it was either the dead blow or the press...and its obviously Im spoiled with the press so there you go! :cool:

All Done!

K00PA

Registered VIP
Had a really crazy day today but took my front coils off this morning so i could run them through the parts cleaner...
(Going to be running 12 front and 8 rear, to distribute weight and to get rid of so much sway so that I can have better handle and control with my mild suspension upgrades therefore I wont sacrafice the commuting option)

They're super filthy and you can barely see the Eibach stamp, lol

K00PA

Registered VIP
Well this morning when I got up I didnt realize I was suppose to be at work at 7 and I made it there at 11:30 so during that time I went to the junk yard, to find another radius arm cause yesterday I screwed up the threads on the main stud , so I grinded it down the best I could cause I didnt have a self tap big enough to re-start the first threads so...I tried and tried but the ending result was...NOT SO GOOD! However I kept looking at both arms to find out that the passenger arm had a broken stud off in it! As long as I've owned this car I never saw that the times Ive been under it, SMH!! So I was left with no choice but to get another so I went to a local junkyard and picked up one off of a 93 hatch cause the coupe under it was already stripped for everything it had...

You No Read No? Well You Look At Pics...

Poor Coupe :( Who knows what its been through

Old arm and the damage :???: (Good thing I didnt have it Powder Coated cause it would have been a waste)

Grinded it down and no luck what so ever

Notice the missing stud broken on the inside

Junkyard Arm, and he even gave me the LCA just because! I think he was just too lazy to take it off to be honest, lol

Cleaned up the new radius arm, and the coils when I got to work and I also sent the front forks off to get powder coated, but he didnt have time to bring them back but he said I'll have them first thing in the morning ;)

DuckIt

Such a nice build man. i cant wait to get going on my EJ1. So many quality parts in here its ridiculous. :thumbsup:

K00PA

Registered VIP
Finally the last set on the front end and I'm done...

Got my forks back yesterday and the Powder Coat looked a bit funky in some area's but overall looked better then before...

K00PA

Registered VIP
Such a nice build man. i cant wait to get going on my EJ1. So many quality parts in here its ridiculous. :thumbsup:
Thanks alot buddy...and yeah its Quality Over Quantity with me so, i keep it simple but to its best ;)
Good to see more coupe owners taking on the role of owning one, so once you get started keep it on a quality respected level. Oh and if you want come over to www.ej1-squad.com, and show off your coupe to the 92-95 coupe family

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wish I had a press! I like that you are cleaning eeeeeeeeeeeeverything lol :thumbs up

K00PA

Registered VIP
I wish I had a press! I like that you are cleaning eeeeeeeeeeeeverything lol :thumbs up
Lol...
Its one of the best things working at a shop, cause everything is on hand and I dont have to pay nobody to do all the things I can do...
Yea, it'll kinda scratch at my nerves if Im putting new parts on old dirty chassis pieces :shock: so ive been on a cleaning or replacing rampage :lol:

K00PA

Registered VIP
I will tomorrow cause i got a little busy helping out cleaning up from my grandmothers 70th B-Day yesterday...and damn i can still feel the hangover, lol

I did open one of the boxes this morning before i left so ill post some pics in a bit before i go to sleep ;)

K00PA

Registered VIP
Here's the one I opened today...

Junk2

Pro-S II Coilovers

Mmm...soft spring rates! (No More Stiffness In The Rear End, Less Bouncing, and Better Shock Travel) :cool:

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Nice! What'd ya pay for those bad boys? I need to get me some of those over the winter for next years build.

K00PA

Registered VIP
Paid a pretty penny for them but def gonna enjoy my ride a little better cause my Koni/GC were to bouncy in the rear...