k20a3 swap

kidsamston

I am DM Kid Samston
5+ Year Member
all I know is, I freaking hated my ep3 so much because of that motor. I got like 22mpg
i get like 38 on the high way, but some times i get like 20 when i am having a very happy day and i will gas up twice in one day =)
but i don't like how i don't feel any power until 5,000 rpms cuz by the time i get there the race is already over

My PiRRuÑa

5+ Year Member
never mind! I just needed somebody who could bring the car, get a reading, get paid. doesn't take more than 15 minutes. I wasn't talking a bout driving ur car. I'm sorry for not being too clear!

02hondaEx

k20a
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anyways back to the k20a2, im looking into k20a2 and i found alot so far, dont know which one to buy, was going to ask you guys a question, people put that there engine has like only 30k or 50k miles, but is there a way you can really find out the real miles, or what would i look at to see if it is low miles,

tunerkid7

5+ Year Member
A2 is the the best swap for the money and power, but boosted D178 would be my choice, sorry i dont know the answer to your question just thought i would put in my .002

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if your looking to buy a complete a2 swap with low miles garunteed and s**t www.hmotorsonline.com is pretty good. they have complete swaps (axles and everything, hasport mounts for like $250 more than whats listed) and they are garunteed start up and low miles.

Hxrxld

5+ Year Member
hello everyone, i just bought a complete k20a3 swap with 14,600 miles on it, if i swap this in my em2 coupe and a cop pulls me over would i have to take it out, i live in california, i dont know much about swaps
Why would a cop ask you to open your engine bay in the first place?? I mean.. I don't know where you're from, but where I live (Miami, Florida) the pigs 'round here don't even bother checking tints anymore..

02hondaEx

k20a
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why would a cop ask you to open your engine bay in the first place?? I mean.. I don't know where you're from, but where I live (Miami, Florida) the pigs 'round here don't even bother checking tints anymore..
i live in california, i already got a ticket for my light tints that i had on my window, plus ive been pulled over and they told me to pop my hood and they checked for illegal parts, but i had nothing and they let me go ,some cops over here are really dicks

ALL MOTOR EM2

Nlsk
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok this is coming from a k swapped em2 owner

K20a2 Great Swap. Very Fun high revving motor. Going into your EM2. It can be BARRED. Because we have a returnless fuel system stock just like the rsx.

I put a k20a3 into my em2 like 3 years ago and it only cost me 3k and thats including the engine. I was a good shopper. So it can be done on a budget but its tough to find all the parts.trust me.

Now as far as engine mileage goes. You can only tell the real mileage from a engine by the odometer.

If you need any parts for your K-swap just let me know bro I can help you out. Are you auto or manual?

I can get mounts, conversion harness, everything ever needed for the swap.

02hondaEx

k20a
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
might buy your k24, dont know how much transmission and everything is going to be though

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm.. nice.. see you on crsx ;)

Chingfue

5+ Year Member
K20a2 head on a k24 block is great but don't do the A3.....Plus K20 NA built is probably your best choice. It should be good enough.....

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i want a k20a2 so bad or a k24a2, actually if anyone just feels like giving away their k series let me know