***Knowledge Test***

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmm, I'll have to keep an eye on this thread. I only knew the second question. Good info. :thumbs up

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know enough to diagnose, but not to quiz, so i pass it on to you lol. If i come up with one later, may i post it?

RonJ

Banned
I know enough to diagnose, but not to quiz, so i pass it on to you lol. If i come up with one later, may i post it?
Not a problem. There's a slot open for you if you put together a question later. Keep in mind that the question need not be complex. Simple questions are just fine.

Okay, Evan or Shiznit, would one of you like to post the next question?

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i really like the direction this thread is going RonJ....i look forward to trying to answer your next question :thumbup:

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i cant think of a good question to ask right now

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had the answer to all three of those questions.. but this is the first i seen this thread... so... please.. on with the questions.

and do we have to give background information? becsue i cant explain it like that.. its like your reading it out of a book

RonJ

Banned
Well, I'm not sure when we may hear back from Evan, so EJ6Civic27 go ahead and post your question when you are ready.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well this is probably an easy one but ill ask it to get the ball rolling again.

We all know that a limitted slip differential helps to shift power from one wheel to another when required. Why is it important that an LSD transimission is able to slip limittedly rather than just being locked 100% of the time in our daily driven cars.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when turning corners the wheels do not rotate at the same speed. The outer wheel has to travel further than the inner wheel

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DAMN YOU! lol i was in another thread!

this sucks! lol

you guys need to post slower

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bingo. have at it got traction

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can i just put this out there...

if i answer one correct... someone else can ask a question... i just like answering... not asking

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what role does a PCV (positive crank case ventilation) valve play in a engine?

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its a one way valve to release the pressure built up by blow by in a crank case.. it reciculates the air back into the intake manifold and eventually out the exhaust.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
From my knowledge, that's correct so I'm going to go ahead and post another question since I have a bit of time now.

A hood insulator is a fire-resistant type of fabric that clips onto the underside of the hood. It's main functions are noise reduction, keeping heat off of your nicely painted hood and possibly assisting with keeping a fire from spreading during an engine bay fire (there are details on that). Anyhow...

Why do some Honda models get it while other don't? In other words, why do you see it on the Accord V6 NOT the 4 cylinder, the 89-91 CRX but NOT the civic, the regular s2000 but NOT the CR?

If you can answer specifically to the models, then even better. But I want to hear the general reason why - there is a specific reason.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cost reduction? although.. i cant see it being that big of a savings?

other than noise... i think it may be color specific? i dont know.. im guessing

RonJ

Banned
its a one way valve to release the pressure built up by blow by in a crank case.. it reciculates the air back into the intake manifold and eventually out the exhaust.
Nice job! That's pretty much it. I would only add that the PCV is an emissions reducing device because the blow by gas contains a lot of nasty gases.