***Knowledge Test***

haroe69

my guess would be that the hoses carry coolant to a thermo sensor which lets the ECU know when the appropriate time the valve should close becaus the engine has warmed up. like the wax, the ecu is what closes via a silenoid, i suppose.

davidwilsoon

21 views.............

maybe an incentive to the winner? Like their name on a wall of fame?

BTW like I said congrats on breaking your thread cherry :D I'm not ashamed to admit it's way over my technical knowledge, props to those who get it in advance.
If i had a vast knowledge of earlier civic engines i would be down like 4 flat tires. But, I'll be the 1st to admit, Im not too familiar with the thermovalve or FITV..

I never claimed to be ASE certified, just get info from friends experiences and my own..

Zen Chameleon

Lol RonJ! I just joined over here and was looking for a place to slap my engine build thread. This looks like alot of fun, I'll have to read all the way through it and play next go around :lol:

obrienintegra18

the iacv uses the coolant temp to tell the ecm how far it needs to open or close the valve

Bramblerose12

Such a great idea, similar to something I started the other, respectively dubbed "fun fact of the day" but considering this is a Civic forum it makes sense to keep it motor vehicle related, can't wait to see what the next question will be.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ Ahah what the hell. Spambot. Hookers and diabetes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bump for a new question since I started reading this last night and fell asleep with my phone in my hand lol

I'm a former honda tech turned full-time stay at home dad, so I'm down to participate ;) Hopefully tapatalk does more notifying, and less pissing me off... We shall see.

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2 (I miss my "real" internet :(

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...holy old damn thread....

miller92eg6

my guess would be that they all come on because the car has not been started yet therefore since its not on all the lights are set off because the engine hasn't started for the sensore to read correct information.....but I could be horribly wrong.lol

Posted from Clubcivic.com App for Android

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Anyone want to get this going again? Otherwise it will be destickied...