kyle10182's EJ1 Build-Up Thread

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yep. sold the integra for $50. it wasnt worth much so i didnt have insurance on it. just liability for legal purposes. sell me a 4 door 4th gen, man! thats what i want. well, i really want another db1, but they're tough to find.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i just uploaded this pic. figured i'd post it here to maybe keep interest:

AznKnightSpy

TaintedEk9
5+ Year Member
wow been browsing this thread for the past 30 mins, sorry to see that accident man, ouch haha, well everything looks real good on the civic keep us posted! get well soon.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea. hopefully i can get out these this week to finish some things.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
update:

steering wheel sitting in my room (f**k thieves!)

engine bay :cool:

brand new OEM P72 water pump.

interior shots. notice anything different???

exterior shot with the new DD behind it.

EF Honda EF

i kinda like it more with out the carpet. it makes it look more like a race car. With the crx im just goin to get floor mats and leave the carpet out. i was thinkin maybe to tell it is your brake booster that is bad is to some how unhook it and drive and see if the brakes are locked up. just an idea

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
slowcivic E G said:
Carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh yea.
EF Honda EF said:
i kinda like it more with out the carpet. it makes it look more like a race car. With the crx im just goin to get floor mats and leave the carpet out. i was thinkin maybe to tell it is your brake booster that is bad is to some how unhook it and drive and see if the brakes are locked up. just an idea
your right. it does look more like a race car. i have the service manual for this car and integra. so i have all the right ways to test the brake booster with a vacuum gauge and s**t. I kinda decided that i want to keep this thing a little more sleeper then race car. i drove it yesterday and the carpet really did quiet it down. maybe in the summer when i am a little more agile i'll take it out for a couple weeks for fun. it does give a cool "race car" feeling though.
Phantom Civic said:
Are you gonna leave the timing cover off? That looks kinda cool.
i think im gonna put the lower one on for timing adjustments.

recall

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think it looks good with the Carpet in it. I love your engine bay lol

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i havent spent one minute actually CLEANING the engine bay yet either. i havent had the thing runnin problem free long enough to get it to the car wash. I'm gonna soap the s**t outa it and scrub it down in there. i wonder if soap and water is bad for the timing belt?

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i scrub my engine bay down, but then i let it sit out in the direct sun light for awhile before i start it
dad does the same thing

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea, i'll do similar to that. but the engine will be installed. i scrubbed down Slowcivic E G's bay when i did the wire tuck on that car. his bay is REAL clean. a lot cleaner then mine. but once i get out and can do that s**t, i'll get it up to the car wash with some sponges and s**t.

EGlude Attitude

All Motor Militia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
kyle10182 said:
i havent spent one minute actually CLEANING the engine bay yet either. i havent had the thing runnin problem free long enough to get it to the car wash. I'm gonna soap the s**t outa it and scrub it down in there. i wonder if soap and water is bad for the timing belt?

I usually clean my engine bay at home with some undiluted Simple Green in a spray bottle, scrub using a tooth brush, and I try to avoid spraying water directly on electrical connectors, timing belt or the spark plug wires.

I usually detail connectors and what not with a rag and Armor All or Windex

That's just my suggestion. I've never had a start up problem doing it that way. A buddy of mine always goes to the car wash and uses the pressure washer but of course his car never starts following that.:lol:

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i've been washing my engine bays at the car wash using the soft rinse for 2.5 years. ive never had a problem with stock or swapped cars yet. the car wash i go to has a soft spray and to get pressure, u have to squeeze a trigger. i use that for the bottom of the hood.

u think soap and water is bad for the timing belt?

EGlude Attitude

All Motor Militia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
kyle10182 said:
i've been washing my engine bays at the car wash using the soft rinse for 2.5 years. ive never had a problem with stock or swapped cars yet. the car wash i go to has a soft spray and to get pressure, u have to squeeze a trigger. i use that for the bottom of the hood.

u think soap and water is bad for the timing belt?

I doubt soap and water will hurt the timing belt, however I know the timing cover has the rubber seal around the inside of it. I'd just be afraid that water would sit inside there at the bottom cover (if you weren't running a upper cover as well) , I'm pretty sure Honda already thought about that but still.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well the cover is for debris. then, since the cover is in place, they need to seal it so no water can get in and just sit. I think the main concern they had was for debris. im going to need at least the lower cover for tuning purposes, but im thinkin of cutting a hole in the bottom for quick/easy installation and so that any water will drain.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I went for a ride in kyles car today everyone, its nice, Vtec at 1/4 throttle is pretty sweet, and i must say it is built sorta like a race car. Its nice.