kyle10182's EJ1 Build-Up Thread

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thanks. i took it out tonight again and aimed the headlights. with that other shift knob, im not really having a hard time getting into 5th.

but it is stalling out more and more it seems. and i dont think my radiator fan is coming on.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kyle10182 said:
thanks. i took it out tonight again and aimed the headlights. with that other shift knob, im not really having a hard time getting into 5th.

but it is stalling out more and more it seems. and i dont think my radiator fan is coming on.
that sucks but you are kyle and im sure you'll figure everything out, how do u like my avatar

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kyle10182 said:
eh. i'd like the blue top better.
could nt find an avatar worthy one with blue cover.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
slowcivic E G said:
could nt find an avatar worthy one with blue cover.
oh s**t! is that your engine bay? Friday, i wanna take some pics with your car. for sure.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
more pics of how it sits all day/night in front of the Daily Driver:

some pics of the car while i was with some buddies:

R#1

5+ Year Member
Very good Job !

I m please to see man workin on rides in the street ! i m not alone !

:lol:

But u do very god job !

I follow this thread whit all my interest !!

(sorry for my english)

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well i took the car to a shop last weekend for tuning. They said that they hear a knocking noise that i had been hearing. I really didnt know what to think of it at first. I thought it may be the valve springs. They basically told me that it sounds like the block was bored too loose. and that it sounds like the piston is knocking against the cylinder walls. So the shop that put the pistons in and bored the motor is at fault it sounds like. they probably arent going to help me with this, so im looking for a 1.8l b-series block to replace this one. If the pistons are bad, i'll consider replacing them with some 12.5:1 instead of 10:1. but im not sure. I really want the car to be fast, and im not sure if i'll be able to get the results i want from a n/a car.

i'll take some pics when we pull the god damn motor! :(

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kyle10182 said:
well i took the car to a shop last weekend for tuning. They said that they hear a knocking noise that i had been hearing. I really didnt know what to think of it at first. I thought it may be the valve springs. They basically told me that it sounds like the block was bored too loose. and that it sounds like the piston is knocking against the cylinder walls. So the shop that put the pistons in and bored the motor is at fault it sounds like. they probably arent going to help me with this, so im looking for a 1.8l b-series block to replace this one. If the pistons are bad, i'll consider replacing them with some 12.5:1 instead of 10:1. but im not sure. I really want the car to be fast, and im not sure if i'll be able to get the results i want from a n/a car.

i'll take some pics when we pull the god damn motor! :(

Is your car going through oil

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i dont have enough miles to tell. i know under normal driving it doesnt smoke much. not that i can see anything at all in my rear view. but apparently when the RPMs climb it'll smoke a little. black i believe.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
slowcivic E G said:
well klye, when are we pulling the motor?
(sigh) soon. if you werent in the middle of trying to swap your car, i'd be doing it now.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
acuraracer42 said:
why dont you just get the block sleeved
thats probably what it'll come down to. but i just spent all my money building this thing and sleeving costs money...

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
didnt do a compression check. the motor is out of the car and ready to come apart.