limp mode???

GreenMachine01

5+ Year Member
Good post. Mine went to limp mode yesterday. cel came on and went to 2k in the middle of the freeway. No fliuds leaking, all fluids good, I was doing about 80 and then wham...it just shut down. Cranked it back after about 20 min at a shell station and it would go back to 70 @3k like normal. Any ideas on that?

crxfreak

5+ Year Member
I had code 43 only one time its my chipped ecu pm6 with a chip written pr4 on it (ebay stuff)
the ecu give me code 43 and the car run well and when i put my other stock ecu pm6 no code and car
run well again. I never use again my chipped ecu in my winter beater i have the wrong chip

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i iredid the timing today and changed O2 sensor.... didnt' get to put in the new crank pulley cuz i didn't fit in with the bolts and also the diameter was smaller so the belts itself don't fit and pull all the way so it was still loose.... so used original... now i'm good again... steady idle and everything.... i hope gas mileage is better too... i use to get 50 mile per half a tank...

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
guwakjai010 said:
i iredid the timing today and changed O2 sensor.... didnt' get to put in the new crank pulley cuz i didn't fit in with the bolts and also the diameter was smaller so the belts itself don't fit and pull all the way so it was still loose.... so used original... now i'm good again... steady idle and everything.... i hope gas mileage is better too... i use to get 50 mile per half a tank...
This is good news. Hopefully you kicked the problems ass. :guns:

GreenMachine01

5+ Year Member
Mine turned up a "controlled ignition system sensor" and a cylinder 1 misfire. I think these coming on in this pattern made the car go into limp mode. I ran it to Auto Zone today and half way there the cel went off. Me thinks I may have got a spot of bad gas or something. What else would make the engine misfire? Any answers from the motor junkies?

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GreenMachine01 said:
Mine turned up a "controlled ignition system sensor" and a cylinder 1 misfire. I think these coming on in this pattern made the car go into limp mode. I ran it to Auto Zone today and half way there the cel went off. Me thinks I may have got a spot of bad gas or something. What else would make the engine misfire? Any answers from the motor junkies?
bad spark plug, ignition wires, dizzy rotor. Theres a number of things that would cause it to "misfire". Bad gas would cause it to run like ish and cut out at times.

plazmascivic

rockin those D's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If it won't go over 3500 rpms, it means that the ecu is using the backup proccessor on limited map settings. In other words, the ecu is fried (broken some how).
thats false i had the same problem put my ecu in my friends and it worked just fine in his.