Logan four door build

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys. So I need some help, I've been hunting this bay noise for ever i have tried tons of things to find and stop it but no luck. Here is a video of my car making this sound while I'm driving around, you will know it when it happens. It super bums me out that my car does this, maybe one of you have heard the something before? http://youtu.be/UksmxoIiMWc

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Does that noise always happen at a certain rpm? Are there any noticeable performance issues?

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Does that noise always happen at a certain rpm? Are there any noticeable performance issues?
it starts at 1700 and ends around 3200 its when there is any resistance or im giving it a fair amount of gas, it wont do it in neutral or park its worse going up hill.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That sounds more like a mechanical issue. I was going to say that it might be some part vibrating at a certain rpm. Does it happen in a specific gear?

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That sounds more like a mechanical issue. I was going to say that it might be some part vibrating at a certain rpm. Does it happen in a specific gear?
My car is a automatic. At first I thought it was the dipstick because I lost the clip and when I tapped it down with a mallet it stopped for a day so I got the clip put back on but no luck. There is a slight crack in my header by the o2 so I'm going to replace it with another one from a yard and see if that could possibly be it

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So today I pulled off my serpitine belts to find metal shavings embedded into the alternator one. Took the car around the block with out and seemed to not make the noise so I picked some of the chunks out and put it back on for far less of this sound. After I'm done eating this Taco Bell I'm going to go pick up some new belts. I wish I would have taken a before pic but ill let you know if it fixes the problem

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I replaced the alternator and power steering belts with new gates pair. The sound is still there :( less extream but prevalent so that is dissipointing. Neverless they needed to be replaced so in not going to dwell over it. Next step is to replace my cracked header.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A while back I picked up some new trailing arms for a disk brake conversion and I still need to put them on, I believe that they are from a 93-01 integra but not positive. I took some pictures to see if you guys could recognize them. I need to rear brakes asap and I would rather finish this project than to rebuild drums. If anyone knows what brake lines I need part# that would be awesome, google has been far less than helpful.

Untitled by logan98036wa, on Flickr

Untitled by logan98036wa, on Flickr

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They will work whether they are from a civic or integra. Get the brake lines and e brake cables from an EM1.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They will work whether they are from a civic or integra. Get the brake lines and e brake cables from an EM1.
Thanks!

So I moved again, this time into a one bedroom in the same building. Its nice having some space after starting out so small. Lately I have been trying out some new detailing techniques using some of my new Sonax cleaners. I have done things like removed the oil stains from the back seats and rear foot area as well as clean up my headliner which by the way was; filthy.

Here was a photo I took today (one rain after last cleaning my car) its a little rough and the car isnt all that clean but let me know what you think of my amateur photography

DSC_0579 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

mix4

5+ Year Member
Looking good, glad to see you've gained some motivation compared to early in the thread. I kind of skipped through a few pages, but did you ever get a 2000 front bumper like you wanted earlier? I'd love to get the 96 style bumper, I love the fogs for those bumpers.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looking good, glad to see you've gained some motivation compared to early in the thread. I kind of skipped through a few pages, but did you ever get a 2000 front bumper like you wanted earlier? I'd love to get the 96 style bumper, I love the fogs for those bumpers.
I decided I like the 96-98 bumpers more. I have been trying to find my automotive-wonderlust again. I lost my patience with it and as we all know that does work with cars.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys some new updates for the car,
New window crank to fix my snapped one
replaced transmission fluid and found that the noise is from the transmission.
Im planning on selling me Skunk2 LCA for money for a 5 speed swap then later buy a NIB Si LCA and sway bar set up.
I want the Si set up because I cant stand all the noise from the after market arms and I'm hopping to get more ride comfort while increasing my current handling w/ new bushings and the sway bar addition. Does anyone have any input that the stock arm would be better than the aftermarket for street/spirited driving?

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:thumbs up for 5-speed swap

I'm sorry to say, but I can't offer any advice on the Si rear bar.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I have been letting my sister drive the car since I bought the new one. last week I put a new radiator in it and I found a few more picture I had of it. I wont be posting much on it anymore other than to feature what she plans on doing to it while she has it. so I leave you with this.

DSC_0967 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

MY SISTER TOOK THIS OF ME by logan98036wa, on Flickr

DSC_0492 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

DSC_0506 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

DSC_0505 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

DSC_0571 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

DSC_0595 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

DSC_0604 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys some new updates for the car,
New window crank to fix my snapped one
replaced transmission fluid and found that the noise is from the transmission.
Im planning on selling me Skunk2 LCA for money for a 5 speed swap then later buy a NIB Si LCA and sway bar set up.
I want the Si set up because I cant stand all the noise from the after market arms and I'm hopping to get more ride comfort while increasing my current handling w/ new bushings and the sway bar addition. Does anyone have any input that the stock arm would be better than the aftermarket for street/spirited driving?
you have noise from yours??? mine never made any

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I have been letting my sister drive the car since I bought the new one. last week I put a new radiator in it and I found a few more picture I had of it. I wont be posting much on it anymore other than to feature what she plans on doing to it while she has it. so I leave you with this.

DSC_0967 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

MY SISTER TOOK THIS OF ME by logan98036wa, on Flickr

DSC_0492 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

DSC_0506 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

DSC_0505 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

DSC_0571 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

DSC_0595 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

DSC_0604 by logan98036wa, on Flickr
what are you driving now?

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
TigBitties- Ii bought a em2 I linked it in my sig and yeah my skunk2 stuff was all noisy I think it needs new bushings and some lube.