My 00 Civic hatchback

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Depends on the price you can get for the 16s. I don't mind 16s on an EK. If the price locally for the 16s isn't that great of a deal, I'd wait for some 15s to show up.

doosua

5+ Year Member
I've always been a fan of the K-1s, and if you got a choice I'd say go 15 vs the 16. get a little better ride quality, and unless you've got bigger brakes/rotors, 16s just look a little too large, IMO
That's what I was thinking also.
Depends on the price you can get for the 16s. I don't mind 16s on an EK. If the price locally for the 16s isn't that great of a deal, I'd wait for some 15s to show up.
For sure man, I'm probably just going to wait on some 15's.

Thanks guys for answering my questions! I'll post some random pics tonight of whatever I was working on.

doosua

5+ Year Member
Bracket and starter on. I started connecting the wiring harness onto the engine and probably tomorrow start taking off the loom.

Night everyone.

doosua

5+ Year Member
What do you guys think about if I buy a phearable ecu with a base map? I think it should be a good for my clutch break in and later getting tuned. I know I have no major upgrades so it should be OK right? Shed some light on my guys lol.

Thanks!

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That engine is looking super clean as always man. Keep up the great work!

I wish I could help you out more with your ECU issue, but I'm not too familiar with aftermarket ECUs. What ECU do people typically run with an H2B setup?

doosua

5+ Year Member
That engine is looking super clean as always man. Keep up the great work!

I wish I could help you out more with your ECU issue, but I'm not too familiar with aftermarket ECUs. What ECU do people typically run with an H2B setup?
Thanks Reed! Im thinking people run Hondata ECU's or chipped ECU's for more simple setups. I'm going with a Phearable ECU since my setup is I/H/E.
Wow that looks great!
Thanks man!

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks Reed! Im thinking people run Hondata ECU's or chipped ECU's for more simple setups. I'm going with a Phearable ECU since my setup is I/H/E.
Sounds like someone has done their research haha. I did a little reading on Phearable ECUs. They sound fine for what you plan to do. :thumbs up

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Phearable is alright because you can let the know what you have mod wise and tailor it to you. But you're handicapped when it comes to future mods. If money is tight I'd use phearable, if not, I'd get hondata.

I used a phearable ecu with my old b16 and on the dyno I had lots of ups and downs throughout the rev range. It did drive just fine though, just not optimal.

doosua

5+ Year Member
Sounds like someone has done their research haha. I did a little reading on Phearable ECUs. They sound fine for what you plan to do. :thumbs up
Haha yeah, never really had knowledge of types of ecu and tuning.
Phearable is alright because you can let the know what you have mod wise and tailor it to you. But you're handicapped when it comes to future mods. If money is tight I'd use phearable, if not, I'd get hondata.

I used a phearable ecu with my old b16 and on the dyno I had lots of ups and downs throughout the rev range. It did drive just fine though, just not optimal.
I'm going for a chipped ecu from them and in the future if I get cams I'll upgrade to a better ecu.

Thanks for the input guys!

Just made a huge purchase last weekend! =)

But now I'm a broke college student.. Lol

doosua

5+ Year Member
Can't wait to see what it is!

Welcome to my world lol :hi:
Lol yup.

These were my first aftermarket wheels but after educating myself with honda's I decided to trade for some new wheels. I am inspired by Kanjo racers/racing so I knew these K-1's will flow nicely with the car..

I smiled when I saw this.

I'll replace those stickers and lugs later.

doosua

5+ Year Member
Port-matched my manifold. (70mm)

What do you guys think about a black intake manifold? I'm thinking about painting it black like this. Yay or nay?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
although it wouldn't look bad, i prefer something shiny over black.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm with Kerry. I don't think the black would look bad, but personally I prefer a silver intake manifold.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the black. the oem looks is nice too.

doosua

5+ Year Member
I like the black. the oem looks is nice too.
Thanks for the input man.

Waiting on my qsd gear block off plate and I'll get pics of install once its here. KStuned manual tensioner will be here on Thursday hopefully. =)