My 2nd EJ8, 98 & black this time around!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the proper size for those wheels would be 205/45/r16

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know that but i kind of want more of a stretched on there look. nothing crazy though. so thats what makes me want to try the 195/50/16 i also had a 45 series tire before and with the roads down here hitting a pot hole owns the rim

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can run a 195 wide tire safely if the specs on the tire allow for it. Some high end sports cars come with a slight stretch off the showroom floor

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
very solid progress. im glad to see you saved this civic from the jdm-whorelords. clear fogs w/clear sidemarkers
is going to look super clean! ctr lip is a must on 96-98, for some reason 96-98's always look better with lips. 99-00's
not so much, to me, only the si lip looks clean on them. ha thats funny i went from a 97 to a 99 ej and you went the
opposite, im starting to miss my ej6 :(

i may have missed you talking about engine plans? whats gonna happen to that SOHC?? sorry if i make you repeat it

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know that but i kind of want more of a stretched on there look. nothing crazy though. so thats what makes me want to try the 195/50/16 i also had a 45 series tire before and with the roads down here hitting a pot hole owns the rim
well stretching a 50 on a 45 wont help much with the ownage part. but i get what your saying. i run a 195/45 on an 8 and the stretch is barely noticeable so you really wont notice. if you want a slight stretch on a 7 id recommend 165 or 175 to be honest. use this to get some ideas on the stretch you will get.

tyrestretch.com

You can run a 195 wide tire safely if the specs on the tire allow for it. Some high end sports cars come with a slight stretch off the showroom floor
oh i know you can safely do it =) im doing 195/45 on an 8 lol plan in the summer is 175/45 165/50

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ed[K*];3156331 said:
very solid progress. im glad to see you saved this civic from the jdm-whorelords. clear fogs w/clear sidemarkers
is going to look super clean! ctr lip is a must on 96-98, for some reason 96-98's always look better with lips. 99-00's
not so much, to me, only the si lip looks clean on them. ha thats funny i went from a 97 to a 99 ej and you went the
opposite, im starting to miss my ej6 :(

i may have missed you talking about engine plans? whats gonna happen to that SOHC?? sorry if i make you repeat it
I have tossed a few ideas around. I really want a b series just for the fact its simple/fun/ easy to boost and responsive. But i dont know yet.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Nice day! Crappy crappy shots but just waiting on time.
Nothing too special yyet

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You have adopted the skill of patience. This is going to be a good build.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Made a small purchase to help wait for bigger purchases :thumbup:

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well got another job interview at another place now...so i should be making more money than my current job which is a + interview tomorrow at 3pm wish me luck

on a side note...im really torn on which side markers i want to purchase. I love them both, i had amber on my VSM coupe but for some reason i think on this one i want clear because i have clear foglights, however the fog lights might be removed soon, i want the exterior done already. HELP. ME. DEDIDE. clear or amber folks??

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive always been a fan of amber sidemarkers and oem tails with amber signals. i think it just depends on your setup and if you can tie it in to flow

copyCORRECT

OEM Stanley amber side markers all the way, man. For me nothing else is even an option. I know a few garages that sell some, but they're all located in California.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I found a set but im back to the drawing board. And i think im keeping the 96-98 tails. It goes with the front end