my 89 dx build

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
multi colored car ftw. My 89 hatch is blue, orange, red and black. And its gonna stay that way haha

19ef90

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
better get an air filter bro. even just a filter right off the manifold. thats kinda what i did until i could get something better.

nice build though!
GL.

Ej1_sleeper

5+ Year Member
you know it son! i gotta make my way up there soon.

multi colored car ftw. My 89 hatch is blue, orange, red and black. And its gonna stay that way haha
HAHA beater cars FTW man

black 87 iroc in the background???
91 RS 305 for sale 1k.

better get an air filter bro. even just a filter right off the manifold. thats kinda what i did until i could get something better.

nice build though!
GL.
step ahead of you on that one ;). thanks man.

woke up a few days ago to this, my neighbor backed into my car :(

when i have time/money im gona get another fender, from what it was looking like, its gona be red... HAHA...

bert89

5+ Year Member
nice hatch man i recently bought my 89 si ... planin on ripping out all the interior as well .. but are you planin on buying the carpetting brand new an where do you get it from

Ej1_sleeper

5+ Year Member
nice hatch man i recently bought my 89 si ... planin on ripping out all the interior as well .. but are you planin on buying the carpetting brand new an where do you get it from
No interior will be going back in it, until i fix all the water leaks i have. I havnt even thought about carpet, ive been running gutted for almost as long as ive had the car.

Ej1_sleeper

5+ Year Member
sheesh i haven't been on here in 3 months. A lot went down in December.

to start school ended for break and the same day i went down south and picked up a b20b. got home yanked it out and had the b20 in 2 days later (had to wait a day for my innovative mounts to get here). Along with that i finally put my avid shift linkage and ES shifter bushings in. Its been running for 1k miles now and runs very strong.

b20b swap :: MVI_2205.flv video by JamesEC87 - Photobucket

My friend gave me his blue eg rear seats because he decided to strip his car cause its easier with the work he does transporting stuff. So i modified the seats and got them in and snug.

Another friend had a set of del sol seats layin around in pieces (his cousin had a sol that he put S2k seats in and used the sols pans, sadly the car was stolen a few days later and they took the seats and wheels) but i got them for free and did the seat pan swap and now have them in my car (i cleaned one i still have to clean the other, i plan to reupholster them a solid blue).

I had a set of fogs from advance auto parts, and because my headlights are corroded i cant see s**t at night so i finally installed those. Im looking for the EDM headlights for replacements.

i picked up an exhaust for cheap (practically free) from a guy. Tsudo 2.25 catback. the mufflers huge but it improved the performance of the motor and also fixed my shitty gas mileage problem.

today i finally cleaned up the engine bay and washed her down again

test fitted my new wheels (still need tires)

and took an exhaust clip
Allies rebirth :: P1060437.flv video by JamesEC87 - Photobucket

Ej1_sleeper

5+ Year Member
havnt updated in a few months.

2/27/10

dyno'd the car on a dyno day at a friends shop

final numbers were 128hp and 127tq

pullin up to the dyno
b20b swap :: P1060483.flv video by JamesEC87 - Photobucket

1st and 2nd pull (made 126hp and 119tq)
b20b swap :: P1060489.flv video by JamesEC87 - Photobucket

3rd pull after ecu remap
b20b swap :: P1060497.flv video by JamesEC87 - Photobucket

4th and final pull after some more fuel changes
b20b swap :: P1060498.flv video by JamesEC87 - Photobucket

3/21/10
my tools were stolen from the junkyard back in january looking for a few a/c parts for my car. I did some work on a neighbors car and for repayment he hooked me up with this

3/28/10
my girlfriend (now ex) had picked up a ej1 coupe and it had ls webs with trashed tires. i got new tires on them and finally got them mounted on.

4/25/10
fixed the busted fender finally and painted the front end this weekend.

Ej1_sleeper

5+ Year Member
7/18/10

Well I finally had something to fix/add to my car, so heres an update (not very big).
Yesterday I was recruited to Efrens place (he had come by to borrow a few things), to help him switch over suspension from RJs Del Sol to his EK (also ended up replacing an axle on Romains car). While working on the suspension RJ found 2 extra coils, Dropzone 450 rates, which was PERFECT because thats what I use to have in the rear of my car. So I scooped those up (BTW guys i got the sleeves loose today those things were on fkin tight, and i re-oiled the jack with new fluid and it works good as new!).

I spent most the day working on my g/fs car (http://floridahondacrew.com/pictures/18088-95-ex-oem-restore-project.html), since she had work at 4. Got hers finished up and started working on mine.

I switched out the rear coils, and also found out my rear shocks are NOT blown :D:. i am very happy about that.

Also i finally installed my rear lip ive had for almost 2 years now lol. I was going to start on the EK side skirts but the rain put an end to that :sad:. Took the car for a spin and it feels much better now in the rear. I was also going to do a little shoot (cars filthy so its not that big of a deal) but the rain started coming down hard. This is the only pic i have right now.

Next up for my car is getting the exhaust fixed (hopefully this week) and also getting the rest of the parts for my a/c so i can finally get that installed. When the rain stops ill get some pics.

Ej1_sleeper

5+ Year Member
7/29/10

so as you guys know im running gutted and also have a full size spare. Well i also happen to carry my tools around to friends houses to work on cars, and i got tired of my tools sitting shitty in my hatch with my spare so i did something about it.

I can finally stack s**t in my hatch without s**t falling over!! I have to finish it tomorrow by reinforcing the underneath edges with styrofoam so it doesnt bend or wobble.

I'll also be doing this for my girls coupe since shes missing the pos cover as well.

Ej1_sleeper

5+ Year Member
7/30/10

so I actually got to do some work on my car today for the first time in along time... wish i didnt... The purpose of today was to install my a/c into the car finally, turned out i had a little detour.

jacked it up on stands look to my left and i see grease everywhere...

i had no indication whatsoever that my axle was bad lol, so i decided to yank that out and finally get a reman from advance for the warranty (i purchased this one used back for the LS swap)

Also removed my front cross-member to replace it will my new traction bar

So i got the a/c idler bracket bolted on (THANK YOU KERBY) to the innovative a/c bracket, bolt it in, then bolt the compressor in and the idler pulley wasnt lining up... So i pulled apart the other one i had and put it in and it worked thank god. i tried to get a belt on, and that was a no go, have to buy a larger one tomorrow.

after that was the traction bar install...what a pain in the f**king ass... more so cause my frame is f**king bent...yay....after a few hours of figuring out what to do, i decided to remove the rad and beat the s**t out of the bent tow hook area to get my traction bar in (looks like ill be putting it on the frame machine asap).

so i finally get the traction bar bolted in, and the radius rods attached to the LCAs, getting ready to go put the axle in, and i f**ked up again, i picked up 93 teg axle instead of a 90-91. Today has been just "one of those days" (started being 30 mins late for class)

So thats where im at right now, not to mention the HUGE ASS RAIN STORM that came through while im 1/2 way in the garage working on the car, yea totally awesome lol.

tomorrow im getting the right axle
getting all my suspension bolted back up
clean and install all my a/c lines
replace all the o-rings for the a/c hoses
reinstall my rad and fill all fluids
do oil change for the motor
then take a drive to my friends place and pray that my a/c works

i hope tomorrow is better...

Ej1_sleeper

5+ Year Member
7/31/10

made some more progress today. So i realized last night that im a tard, all teg axles are the same spline lol. It turns out the axle i had was mangled at the trans shaft joint. Went to the parts store and the other one there was mangled as well (someone fails very hard).

drove out to another store and successfully found one in great shape!

Came home jacked the car up got the suspension installed and walla done and in.

About 4 hours later i had accomplished the oil change, trans fluid filled, rad installed and filled, all a/c hoses cleaned, all o-rings replaced (minus 2), and all a/c pieces installed and wired up.

took it to my friends place to vacuum and then charge it and no go. I have to replace the low and high side hoses (the valve stems broke and wernt pushing down) and im also going to replace the evaporator box since mine has been abused by myself.

but some good news is
1) the traction bar is great
2) the axle was the cause of my horrible vibrations when braking, stiff pedal feel, and also the car drives straight as an arrow again.

Ej1_sleeper

5+ Year Member
8/1/10

hit the junkyard this morning and picked up a evap w/ box, high side hose, and low side hose.

got everything bolted up and replaced, and allllll the o-rings have now been replaced.

go to vacuum and solid vacuum no loss in suction!! amazing i was so happy!!

go to fill it up, compressor kicked on without any hesitation, was filling it up, and it started blowing cooollldddd....

then smoke...the field coil on the compressor burnt up along with the clutch taking a s**t.

Honda no longer carries these parts...yay...

2 hours later i found a place that sells them new!! parts are on order and on the way here, A/c will happen in my car whether it likes it or not!

the old evap box was disgusting and the expanision valve was leaking, the one i got looked brand new still lol.

so it looks like i have to go another week rolling in the hot sun, but i got a taste of cold air, im excited for this s**t to work!!