My 99 civic dx sedan build

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
I got the cover on and I just put he belt on after the picture and yea its y7 ill change it next year to a dohc.i just have what I have for now.all Ebay well wait people and shops sell through Ebay so its not all bad.I bought stuff from car.id. And shops in Baldwin hills,CA and their parts cost hundreds more but their the same they just have a inprinted name.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
What are some of the best motor and tranny mounts out there to buy because im looking for a good setup thats strong and stiff and not that junk stock crack or anything close to stock mounts.i cant find many that fit my model that look heavy duty.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why did you go from an auto y7 to a manual y7?

Also there is zero need for stiffer mounts. You car doesn't make enough power to require it nor are you racing. And if you go with a b series later you will have to swap out everything.

Sent from my Note 2

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
Ill look into those thanks,and puma which is a better B series to go with because id like to make more power and race by,next year.and I myself dont care for a automatic I do but I said ok I got a car I can turn into somthing nice and went with it.i found out I could switch it and did that and boy I tell you since its been switch its a hell of a lot more powerful and faster than the auto version.it picks up fast ,takes off fast and more.i know its not the best or fastest but I like it for now it was a good choice.more control I can keep at a steady speed say 40mph unlike auto itll be either under or a little over.theres a few factors but its nice to have and a little project car to toy with.but next year ill try for b-series with a tranny and ecu and all give that a go but wait ..wait..wait im gonna keep this car but I just had a thought I want another car to like a 03 gti golf or somthing so idk ill wager out the swap I got a while.hell or any other car out there would be nice to have long as im not stuffing 60 or more on a full tank I think 40 bucks or less is reasonable.but ill go your route and stick with those stock mounts I looked some up and their cheap so ill grab a pile of those and install them on a weekend sometime.I came along ways with this car since 2011 but I think now its time to add a second car to the picture and have this one to yea I may do that instead of switching motors it is time for a nicer car but I can say I never liked civics years ago but fell in love with this one plus when its good on gas you cant beat $10 for a half tank for 4 days straight befor refilling.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please tell me that you are a made up user and are trying to punk everyone with your lack of knowledge.

.....for anything.

Sent from my Note 2

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What did I just read? :lol:

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
Hahaha sorry for the long paragraph ill keep them short and unconfusing for now on lol.

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
Welp the car has been driving well untill yesterday I floored it in 3rd at 40mph and it didnt go anywhere due to me needing more gear oil.so I get 10w 40 and the mofo takes off with a vengeance and was good to go up untill a hour ago.j was taking off to the street and the car jumped hard and wouldnt go this is the second time its done that.so I went in reverse and the back to 1st and it went but then jumped again so I pulled over and pulled the speed sensor and checked the oil and its still good so I go to drive again all of a sudden its normal again.but one thing I noticed it should be faster in 3rd its holding its speed but its not floor it and go to 60 fast when I need it to be if I was in a emergency or a jam.so I felt my steering wheel shake and it jerked all of a sudden in 1st and 2nd so idk maybe I need motor mounts but it wasnt doing this befor.and as far as the car jumping in 1st and not going any where im buying a rebuild kit im tired of dealing with this small stuff interfereing with my life so ill rebuild it and get on the go again.for now ill drive carefully to work and back home and just carry my tools just incase.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good idea. ALWAYS carry tools and jumper cables. everyone willing to give a jump, but no one ever carries the cables! as to the trans, did you open it up at all before you installed it? sounds like perhaps some bearings might be going. I had a 92 that when you lifted off throttle in 3rd, the car would drop to neutral. Could actually watch the shifter move about as well. turns out the bearing on the input shaft was toast, actually had come apart in the case so the gear assembly was just moving around

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
I hope thats not the case with mine.I been driving last night and this morning and it drove perfect I even pushed it through all gears and nothing its weird.but as long as everything is working fine im ok ill just keep a eye on it.but one thing ill do this weekend is drive the car all day non stop for a long time all day and see how it acts thats how ill know for sure so if I can go the whole week with no flaws im good.but ill look into that input bearing for if somthing happens again.thanks.and your right carry tools will get you out of a jam.im plan a buying a new set of craftmans soon.

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
Yea I know I may get a knew one because when the locknut tightens it never goes straight,so I agres quality for the win

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
Im thinking about that and the windows.....but i want those si 99 tail lights but the sedan version.

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP

Painted this like a pro and still not done,im adding a light blue to it.my bay Will look like the blue skyline bay on fast & furious 4