My 99 civic dx sedan build

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
I have a question.every since I did my swap I never wired my reverse lights but the swap said to run wires through the fire wall to the relay.well there is no relay and all im left with it the reverse switch or plug on the tranny.so I was wondering should I splice and connect the 2 wires to the plug on the tranny to get the reverse lights to come on.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
My motor blew now its either repair or buy another or think about getting a new Car.every since this auto to manual swap its been problem after problem ill never do another one again.im going save and do somthing its to nice to get rid of and everyone wants it i cant see this Car with anyone but me.

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
A d16y7,its my only Car .i was coming home from work and i heard a rattle sound like a ball in a can and im in 5th gear,and the speed dropped to 60 and i heard a loud pop sound like somthing broke.so white smoke was every where then but i was still able to drive and park it in some neighborhood im not fond of.i popped the hood oil was every where but it smelled strong till i realized antifreeze is mixed in and its coming from my head.so idk if the head blew or the block or both but it was still drivable just not safe.but a junk yard has a motor for $400 in running order i wont have $400 for a few weeks.a Shop wants me to bring it in and see whats wrong or replace the motor for me.so idk what to do but i have to get the Car from where its at.

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
I havent had one problem untill it went from auto to manual.i replaced my whole brake system,a axel, and other things,maybe things were due to be fixed idk but its a pain in the ass.im in the process of getting a new job.and a Car auction is coming in november and i Will try to save up and get a second Car.just to much is going on and everyone is giving me heat about my Car its irritating.if i was rich id buy b motor or somthing brand new but for now have to fix this one on a poor mans salary.

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
I thought about that but would a bad head gasket make your speed decrease and make a loud pop sound and then smoke up bad.id like more info on this.i changed a head gasket back in november and it was doing somthing not as harsh as this.but im gonna look into this because it could be but i heard a loud pop sound and it didnt sound nice.

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
I PUT EVERYTHING BACK TOGETHER AND REPLACED,THE HEAD GASKET I HAD GOT FOR FREE AND DRAINED,THAT BAD OIL AND POUR NEW,ANTIFREEZE,IN AND IT POUR,,RIGHT THROUGH MY OIL PAN..."AINT THAT A b***h"....WELL IDK ...MY HEAD IS PERFECTLY FINE SO WHAT EVER CAUSED THIS IS IN THE BLOCK,AND THERE MAY BE A HOLE THAT I CAN SEE ON THE OUTSIDE BUT IT COULD BE ON THE INSIDE OR ITS A BAD PART IDK BUT IF I CANT FIX IT OR IF ITS TO MUCH OR TO BAD ILL BUY A NEW BLOCK AND PUT IT ON IN A FEW HOURS AND PUT MY HEAD ON IT. sorry for the caps it was a repost but yea i may need a new block because my head may still be good

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
Is that a ok job to fix i mean if the job isnt to bad ill try to fix it but if its not worth it i wonder how much i can get a block for.

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
Gonna be swap the bad motor for the Good motor in a few hours.ill post up results.

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
Full engine swap,its another y7 I have to get to work or lose my job and the place I was getting the motor from closed on me so I gotta wait Monday now.and hopfully I can get this fool to bring this lift or im screwed.im,broke right now and all I been getting free help.so after this swap if it goes well in some months I can swap in a bigger motor.I seen a h23 at the junkyard in a prelude I wish I had the cash to grab it now.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good luck with that swap. And actually kinda good you couldn't afford that h22. Don't need to add more problems by trying to quickly swap in a different model's motor for your daily. Keep it as simple as possible, so you can get back on the road.

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
Thanks james your right about that 100%.only thing that sucks i might lose my job if i cant get it swapped monday.one guy is jerking me on a hoist and im outta money and if i can get my friend to pick the motor up and pull my Car to another location im considering removing the motor from the bottom thats no biggy.i can borrow a huge jack and i have stands i just need that little Car on wheels to roll it out and roll the new one in.or pull the block by hand because my help is limited and so is time.if all fails ill ask the Parts place for my money back even tho i dont have the motor from them yet and spend $400 on a hoopty to get me around.

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP

doin the motor swap and got it out very easy and switching Parts and tomorrow im dropping the new one in and starting it up,and ill,be good to go.

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
Got her in and shes running good.this motor is way more stronger than my old one.my shifting and all is just smooth.i got some stuff to twik with but so far so good.& all y7 motors are not the same some have different Parts on them which i was changing mine,well maybe they are but the distributor is different do to the harness plus .

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
No my exhaust pipe broke for the 3rd time in the 3 years I owned this car.it broke down again on the highway Saturday morning after work.coolant & very little,was on a few hoses and it came from the head.I had a puddle under the car and it was oil.the exhaust manifold was red hot.a guy from work helped me get it off the highway but he poured oil in the motor and it poured out my exhaust pipe where it broke at the flex pipe.so all thoughts lead to head gasket,broke head,replace motor.the motor was already a bit hotter than it should have been and a guy said the oil pump was bad cuz when I turned,the car on everytime the oil light would be on for 3 seconds and go off which the oil light should never be on period like that.so the car acts like it wants to start but doesnt so im gonna call the junkyard and ask for a exchange motor since it hasnt been 30 days yet.but im really thinking after 3 years and after $4,000 put in this car and so many people that wanted my car or wants it why not sell it for a low price,and let some guy with more money than me have his,way with the car.its real nice,just needs the motor,fixed or to get another one.if I sell what should I sell for with a screwed motor but good tranny and new,exedy clutch and hell you guys see the pictures lol.but then I thought of junking it at the yard or a trade in at a lot.because this car is causing me to many problems and it took all my money and is almost taking my job.let some rich kid or guy that likes to swap motors and throw thousands,at a car have.im dead broke and tryna pay back a loan for the motor thats messed up now,and bills and id like to see if I can get a 06 civic si stick shift or a 04 vw golf stick shift and if I cant afford it ill take some hoopty for now .