my ej1 build thread

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I was going to build up my 4dr 6th gen, but this build has gotten me hooked on 5th gens. Amazing work on the car, its come a long way. It looks great. :D (I'm a kiss up) haha

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i really wanna know how you splattered your intake and spark plug cover so good

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Damn dude, I just saw the pics on the first page and those ones above^ and holy s**t dude, mad props on the work. :word:

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Damn, looking sassyful sexy. lol, I wish I had the money to buy a clean EJ1 right now.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Megan racing! Bay looks great dude. You make me want a 5th gen!
thanks lol

It's no wonder you won ROTM lol. That things hot.
LOL. thanks man

I was going to build up my 4dr 6th gen, but this build has gotten me hooked on 5th gens. Amazing work on the car, its come a long way. It looks great. :D (I'm a kiss up) haha
i remember when i used to LOVE 6th gens after seeing bowflex's and loving it. then i remember reading childs build and i was like f**k that i want a 5th gen.

i really wanna know how you splattered your intake and spark plug cover so good
used duplicolour metalcast base coat and metallic, then just acrylic paint carefully splattered off the end of a paint brush.

Damn dude, I just saw the pics on the first page and those ones above^ and holy s*** dude, mad props on the work. :word:
thanks man!

Damn, looking sassyful sexy. lol, I wish I had the money to buy a clean EJ1 right now.
lmao thanks WC

Comin along!
yep! just needs bay work this winter!

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Hopefully I didn't miss it but what offset are those wheels? Yours and child's old coupe are the reason I'm buying a 5th gen.

JDM 94 EG Hatch

Initial D
Registered VIP
cars looking great man, i also love those wheels and tires, they look so aggressive! also i find it funny that the begginning of this thread went from people hating the interior to people envying you lol

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Great build, wish my 95 ex had some of your mods, but most of what I would want to do to it will require me tohave another ride to work so they go on the back burner for now, but I love the car man, its like a sleak assasin ready to cut some throats.:twisted:

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cars looking great man, i also love those wheels and tires, they look so aggressive! also i find it funny that the begginning of this thread went from people hating the interior to people envying you lol
lol thanks man

Great build, wish my 95 ex had some of your mods, but most of what I would want to do to it will require me tohave another ride to work so they go on the back burner for now, but I love the car man, its like a sleak assasin ready to cut some throats.:twisted:
lol hahah, yeah when i overhaul during the winter i gotta drive another car

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! XD

Not that you need cheerleading lol

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bought some of these:

the lug nuts; project kics r40 3 piece lug nuts in neochrome

with locking nut so no more worrying about my wheels getting jacked easily

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
very nice!!! I need a second baller set of wheels so i can use the better lug nuts like these project kicks or rays formula lug nuts. Car is super clean as usual.

anything new planned?

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
very nice!!! I need a second baller set of wheels so i can use the better lug nuts like these project kicks or rays formula lug nuts. Car is super clean as usual.

anything new planned?
thanks child. yeah these nuts are boss!

new stuff soon: going to lower the rear hopefully about an inch more, and re-align the car, run -2.75 camber rear, and -2 front.

over the winter i am going to:
Pull the motor and tranny
swap out the trans for a fresh one hopefully lsd
put in an act clutch kit with sport pressure plate and performance disc
put in a billet hasport mount kit
clean and paint the motor and trans a fresh silver
swap out the looped ps rack for a manual one
new sway bar bushings and links
clean everything in the bay thoroughly and possibly paint it
minor wire tuck in the bay and delete the cruise control