My H2b buildup thread, quick updates...

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Pics on pages: 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,16,17,19,22

Well, this is my engine thread, I've had a couple of other engines in my hatch, but this is the one I want. I sold my built Ls/vtec for $2500. Added to my current money, I already have a few things, Some I have pictures of the things, but I will get them online soon
My plan is to buy the QSD H2b kit
Skunk2 intake manifold
hondata IM gasket
DC sports 4-1 header w/ 2.5" collector
Brian Crower stage 2 all motor cams
Brian Crower valve springs and steel retainers.
Lots and lots of knick knacks like getting the power steering pulley machined off and taking off the balance shaft belt and pulleys.
H23 manual tensioner conversion
ExplicitSpeed alternator relocation kit

but here are a few things I already have, I have AVID solid motor mounts,A hondata s200, Skunk2 mega power exhaust, Omnipower test pipe not pictured

My jdm h22a, which is yet to arrive, Yellow Freight shows it to be in Birmingham, It shipped out April 30th, I ordered it on April 29th with a 3-10 day shipping for $988, not bad in my eyes, the photo isn't the exact motor, but this is the example pic provided

My Fidanza 7.5 lb flywheel and Competition Clutch Stage 1 clutch.

My Y21 Sir2 b16 tranny w/ Factory LSD

My professional products 68 mm throttle body

My Matrix SRI

My RC 440 cc injectors

Ohh, look a money flower, I just wanted to do this to see what it would look like...

Motor I sold...at least one of my friends have it, I'll get to race against him...

I plan to have this done in about 1.5 months so I'll be doing this fast.:woot::party2:

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i aint got no umbrella and its rainin money, nice motor

matttitaly8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cant wait to see it finished. I nevere actually have seen a complete h2b. everyone gets discouraged. hope you stay on track.. Looks like you willl

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Headwork on a h22 in a eg, that's going to a nice fast n/a car. Can't wait to see further progress.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it'll be comparable to a lightly modified K, i think it'll be awesome, I wouldn't mind having H2B but its too late for my car. Did you just buy a longblock or are you going to have a tranny to get rid of?

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I just bought the longblock, b/c I kinda thought it redundant to buy the trans. I have the money to not give up btw, I have yet to get my "economic stimulus payment", So as of right now, I have a little over 3k cash, most of the things I need, still waiting for my $600 payment from "The Man". I am in the last batch so It'll be a week or 2. But I get paid weekly so I can get whatever toys I want for this, but I want between 220-230 whp and I think that will be about mid 170's on the torque to the wheels.I'm gonna see what all I want to buy off the internet tonight, then I'll take my money to the bank tomorrow and then buy it when I get home. I'll tell you what I found later.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just bought the longblock, b/c I kinda thought it redundant to buy the trans. I have the money to not give up btw, I have yet to get my "economic stimulus payment", So as of right now, I have a little over 3k cash, most of the things I need, still waiting for my $600 payment from "The Man". I am in the last batch so It'll be a week or 2. But I get paid weekly so I can get whatever toys I want for this, but I want between 220-230 whp and I think that will be about mid 170's on the torque to the wheels.I'm gonna see what all I want to buy off the internet tonight, then I'll take my money to the bank tomorrow and then buy it when I get home. I'll tell you what I found later.
yea it wouldn't be a good idea to buy the trans but you could have sold it to me=), mine is slowly deteriorating. Its gonna be an awesome swap for sure, here is a great link to all motor H graphs so you can get a good idea of what you will make with your mods, also help you decide your parts.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1608375
This graph was motivation for me when I was planning on building all motor H. Pretty simple mods and good power.
http://forums.evans-tuning.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4979
One more thing, for a header, maybe look into The Camp 1320 header, on my stock JDM H22a I made 195whp and 153wtq, with just that header and a Hondata s100 tune. Mine hangs kinda low, but from what I understand they redesigned it so hug the oil pan better.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Very nice. Can't wait to see progress on this.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ummm, if you deposit the money into a bank machine, it needs a couple days to clear in order to use it online, does it not?

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I found out what toys I want, and prices aren't that bad

explicit speed alternator relocation mount, $115 shipped

Brian Crower valvesprings and retainers,$287

Skunk2 im and hondata gasket, $305

Brian Crower Stage 2 all motor cams, $407 shipped

I couldn't find or care to find a good pic of the qsd h2b kit, so I'll just say that it'll be about $880 shipped.

I sold my mounts to the guy that bought my motor, but he gave me the identical amount of money these cost b/c the local shop sells them for more. $280 shipped

Everyone loves a good picture, I'll buy this s**t tomorrow, just had to get an idea of how much I would spend tomorrow,

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ummm, if you deposit the money into a bank machine, it needs a couple days to clear in order to use it online, does it not?
I get my brother to deposit into the checking account and it goes in immediately, I always call my banks hotline to see how much money is in my account before buying things like this.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Who make the mounts? If you have the option to get them in anodized black, do it. They are bad ass. Here are the ones I got yesterday from Innovative.

EF Honda EF

looks good man. one question, will the skunk2 intake manifold fit and clear the fire wall? and that hondata IM gasket will push it back even further.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks good man. one question, will the skunk2 intake manifold fit and clear the fire wall? and that hondata IM gasket will push it back even further.
It won't fit unless you do an h2b, just an h22 swap will turn the manifold straight for the brake lines, but it goes for the sky and has very little clearance between the firewall and back of manifold, maybe 1/4" between the tps and the top of the firewall.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sample pic, not much clearance, but I'm not above "modifying" the firewall in the name of speed.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice project you have goin man! good luck to ya! ill be watchin the thread to see how s**t goes...

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

(not pictured yet: bolt, water pump, head gasket, or pressure plate bolts) The line was free, I was thinking of making a steel braided fuel hoses after I buy some of the correct fittings.

I got a few things for my swap, I get a discount from the honda dealership b/c they know I work for a shop.
I bought a timing belt-54.35
water pump-63.88
head gasket-61.75
4 pressue plate bolts-14.76
h23 manual timing belt tensioner-57.28
big bolt-7.14
washer-2.69
bolt-6.02
bolt-3.24
spring-3.44
retainer for balance shaft seal-2.24
rear main seal-12.56
front main seal-6.43

After tax, I spent $322.40 with a discount.

If I didn't have one, I would have spent $413, so I'm getting a great deal on things.
Tomorrow, I'm going to buy MSD plug wires, and maybe some color to paint my valve cover, b/c it just isn't worth paying the money for a new type S one. I have to wait to order my toys that I was going to buy b/c I have spent over what paypal will allow without getting more bank information, so it'll take 3-5 days, I deposited $1400 for the stuff, I'll have to deposit more, I just thought I might find something off the internet.
My friend is about to come over and give my my 255 lph fuel pump and $100 since I sold him some more stuff that I had. I am going to pick up my h22 from Yellow Freight in Birmingham since they said they didn't know when the next time a lift gate truck would come back this way, and since I'm a pullapart whore, I'll be going there too. Yay to more toys.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What color on the valve cover, I'm thinking red, but I want to hear some opinions.