My H2b buildup thread, quick updates...

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I like the whole ricey sleeper plan, people always try to race cars that look like that. I think the plan will be a success. It could be worse.
I thought of putting 6th gen side skirts on and a stock bumper w/ a carbon spoon lip, but gave up, I might just do the front bumper and see if the paint I have left over matches, and if so, then I'll put it on w/ the skirts, if not, then I really don't care about blending the fenders, but as you say, it could be a lot worse, it could be shitty and more ricey...

RedValve

~Team Penguin
5+ Year Member
bump for a badass project, keep us posted with some more pixss.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I love the sedan, just needs to go a bit lower.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love the sedan, just needs to go a bit lower.
driving a car daily that is too low gets old, i hit my header at least once a day, that blows. i think that 4 door is perfect for a DD how it sits.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
True, just looks funny with the big lip. With an oem lip, or no lip at all, I don't think it would look as funny.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
driving a car daily that is too low gets old, i hit my header at least once a day, that blows. i think that 4 door is perfect for a DD how it sits.
That is the real reason I don't lower it, b/c ride quality would be worse, and i would smash my type R header which is the lowest part of the car itself.

And the "BIG" lip doesn't sit but about half an inch below the side skirt. I have a rear lip, but I really don't care for it. The front lip is carbon, I got the front and rear for $100, so I couldn't pass.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

Yeah,Off an automatic, which is great so it would've been really hard to rev it up high.

It is a really high quality motor and looks great, not all that armor-all s**t they put on some motors, it just generally looks pretty new, and the valve cover almost doesn't have a scratch on it. What was neat is that it came with a cut harness all the way up to the resistor box( So I can sell the 330 cc jdm injectors w/ the resistor box w/ it). And the jdm H has an internal coil, which is also good b/c I didn't feel like bothering with the external Usdm one.

You can hate if you want, but I really don't care.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks real fresh, like it, looks better than my motor did, but mine made real good power so im content with it.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I can't wait to start ripping it apart, I just bought the factory honda crank pulley service tool, the factory valve adjustment tool, and some feeler gauges from Cornwell today, so next Monday I'll take the crank pulley off with ease after I get something to mark it to where there are definite ways to tell TDC, and igition timing marks that I am going to make on the timing cover and crank pulley since the H's is in the Bell housing and I wouldn't be able to use that. I'll just make sure it is TDC, make a primitive pointer, and make marks accordingly and then file them out a little when I take it off. Then I'll send it to get the power steering pulley to be machined off.
My Head gasket, water pump, and several bolts showed up at the Honda dealership today, I just didn't have the time after work to go and get them. I'll pick those up tomorrow as well as some Hondabond for around the valve cover gasket and cam seal, as well as anything else I take apart that might need some sealant, that stuff is good s**t. I'll need to call my bank and see what 2 deposits Paypal made into my checking acount so I can spend more than 1k a month on my ebay account, I wish I'd known that before I was right at 1k spent in the last 31 days, so now I'll be able to buy stuff quick after the end of this week. Import Face off should be pretty good as well this weekend, maybe I'll find some good toys there.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

Also, I really like these wheels, they come with a red stripe around the edges optionally, I think they would go good with the car and there is a dealer of those wheels in the area so I'll be able to get them pretty reasonably.
And then I can buy the tires that I have come to like which are the Yokohama Parada Spec-2's

I think those wheels and tires will look pretty good, give me any suggestions on any wheels if you know of something that might look better.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You're suppose to mark the crank pulley before you remove it? Shiiiet I didn't do that when I removed mine, haa.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You're suppose to mark the crank pulley before you remove it? Shiiiet I didn't do that when I removed mine, haa.
No, yours has markings on it, an H does not and the H's timing marks are on the Flywheel/flexplate with the pointer in the bell housing and once I take the factory flex plate off, I wouldn't know anything of timing b/c there are not any external markings on the motor since I'm going H2B and I wouldn't be using an H series Flywheel and it would be spaced out to where I wouldn't be able to see markings even If I did make them on the B series flywheel of mine. So you have nothing to worry about, mine is just more labor intensive.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, yours has markings on it, an H does not and the H's timing marks are on the Flywheel/flexplate with the pointer in the bell housing and once I take the factory flex plate off, I wouldn't know anything of timing b/c there are not any external markings on the motor since I'm going H2B and I wouldn't be using an H series Flywheel and it would be spaced out to where I wouldn't be able to see markings even If I did make them on the B series flywheel of mine. So you have nothing to worry about, mine is just more labor intensive.
i thought the QSD kit came with a flywheel with timing marks on it? nevermind, just looked and it doesnt, i thought i read somewhere that someone does that.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What was the point of that post?
shut your mouth, i thought that the QSD kits came with a flywheel with timing marks, so i posted that, then afterwards i searched and saw that they didn't, so i corrected myself in the post, but stated that I had heard somewhere, that some company does that/

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Does the Evolution Industries one? I mean, I'm not going to buy it, just curious.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does the Evolution Industries one? I mean, I'm not going to buy it, just curious.
I just looked at the evolution kit, it includes a flywheel, but i didn't see anything about timing marks. With all the R&D these companies do, I would be surprised if it didn't have timing marks.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I just looked at the evolution kit, it includes a flywheel, but i didn't see anything about timing marks. With all the R&D these companies do, I would be surprised if it didn't have timing marks.
Yeah, considering how thick the thing is, it is possible for it to have marks on it. I'll just go w/ the QSD kit, its cheaper and the motor sits higher, aka further away from the ground. So it's a little less refined, but more functional. I'll just get clever with my own pointer and timing marks on the crank pulley.